cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with New SIMcard

Habib1368
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I purchased a new SIMcard last week, then I registered. Now I can send and receive texts and the network for using the internet is active but I am not able to make or receive a phone call. My phone is HUAWEI Che2-L11 honor.

What's the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Habib1368 

No not until telus enables VoLTE calling for pm customers. Rumour has it that may happen by the end of September or the end of the year? Until then you would have to use the workaround. Textnow uses about 0.5mb/min. So 250mb=500min.

Habib1368

Thank you! Is there any solution or change in the setting for solving this problem?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Habib1368 

All voice services on pm use the 3G network. Your phone  is not compatible with pm's 3G network. Only data and text will work. Download textnow and choose a canadian phone # . Put your sim card in someone elses phone and call forward your pm number "always" to your textnow phone #. You can use voice services using your data. Then put your pm sim card back in your phone.

Habib1368

Thank you for your response. I have restarted my phone but can not receive calls or make one. Also, I have a 4G LTE band, WCDMA, and GSN.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Habib1368 

This is an old phone the was discontinued.

It is always iffy if you purchase a non-North American phone. 
Alway best to check here first before making your purchase.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Habib1368 

Your phone is not compatible for voice services with pm.

Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900
Primary 2G networkGSM 850/900/1800/1900
Primary 3G networkUMTS 900/2100
Primary 4G networkLTE Cat4 800/900/1800/2600 (Bands 3,7,8,20)
Primary 5G networkNot supported
Primary data networkGPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE
Secondary 2G networkGSM 850/900/1800/1900
Secondary 3G networkNot supported
Secondary 4G networkNot supported
Secondary data networkGPRS, EDGE

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Habib1368 - Does your phone have these bands?

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Have you restarted your phone yet since activation? 

If yes, and your phone is compatible perhaps also try a reset of the network settings.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted to check on your account, by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.