cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending Picture messages after update

Fgignac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

The other day I updated my phone from Android 9 to Android 10 and since then I have been unable to send pictures over MMS. This happened when I first got my phone and I found the solution on here which was to set the proper APN. But this time it is not working. Has anyone else experienced this or have any other ideas? My phone has been doing some other strange things as well. Here are more details.

Phone: Kyocera E6910

OS: Android 10 version 6.052VZ (recently updated from Android 9 version 4.801VZ

Symptoms:

- Can't send picture MMS messages

- Can't send pictures over facebook messenger

- Sending pictures over email works fine

- Music App (poweramp) can no longer find music even though I can see it is still there in File Manager

- I can no longer search for contacts in the phone app. They are still there, I can manually scroll to them, but search turns up nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything was fine before the update

13 REPLIES 13

slauer26

reset nwework won´t help since there is a bug in the the Verizon software/firmware.

The best is to ask Verizon if there is a coming update about the MMS problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fgignac 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

@softech wrote:

@Fgignac  yes, unfortunately Factory Reset won't downgrade the OS.  You will have to download the Android 9 image and flash the image.. some technical work involved.

WOW!. I am not recommending playing with manual downgrade/upgrade OS with 'images' (custom ROMs or official images) as you can easily brick your phone (unless you KNOW what you are doing). Do it at your own risk, read how it is done and if comfortable, take a deep breath and plunge...

@Fgignac  yes, unfortunately Factory Reset won't downgrade the OS.  You will have to download the Android 9 image and flash the image.. some technical work involved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fgignac : Maybe post screenshots of the APN settings you're using and we might spot something or suggest some alternatives.

Fgignac

Thanks so much for all your replies.

I have has this phone for over a year and everything was working fine until I "upgraded" from android 9 to android 10.

I tried everything that was recommended above with no success. Finally I did a factory reset, hoping the phone would go back to Android 9. After the Reset I am still on Android 10, but most of the problems have resolved.

The only remaining issue is that I can still not send pictures over MMS. I have made sure the APN setting are correct, as recommended above. The I reset it to default. Still no good. I have tried 3 different messaging apps (Stock, Textra, and Signal)

Any other recommendations?

"APN Type = default,mms"

(restart)

"default" should work, it usually does. But some Android devices are quirky and require explicit configuration directives.

If it still won't work then try installing different SMS/MMS app instead of using the built-in software. Signal SMS works for me, but there are many good free options out there.

bbb111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you checked if you allow permission for the apps to use your camera or access your photos?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Fgignac 

Try updating all apps to the most recent/available version.

• From the Play Store Home screen, tap your Google profile icon (upper-right).
  • Tap Manage apps & device 
  • Tap individual installed apps to update or tap Update All to download all available updates.
  • If presented, review App Permissions then tap Accept to proceed with app update.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Fgignac wrote:

Hi all,

The other day I updated my phone from Android 9 to Android 10 and since then I have been unable to send pictures over MMS. This happened when I first got my phone and I found the solution on here which was to set the proper APN. But this time it is not working. Has anyone else experienced this or have any other ideas? My phone has been doing some other strange things as well. Here are more details.

Phone: Kyocera E6910

OS: Android 10 version 6.052VZ (recently updated from Android 9 version 4.801VZ

Symptoms:

- Can't send picture MMS messages

- Can't send pictures over facebook messenger

- Sending pictures over email works fine

- Music App (poweramp) can no longer find music even though I can see it is still there in File Manager

- I can no longer search for contacts in the phone app. They are still there, I can manually scroll to them, but search turns up nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything was fine before the update

@Fgignac  - well that sounds annoying to happen after an update 🙄.

Before jumping to a Factory Reset just yet, why not try these things first:

A - Soft reset :
  1. Press and hold the. Power button. (on the right edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Allow several seconds for the reboot process to complete. If your device won't power back on, partially charge the device then retry.

B - Perform a Network reset, follow these steps.
  1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS > RESET SETTINGS.

C - uninstall your Messages and Contacts app.

Then reinstall the apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fgignac 

if not fix it try to backup and factory reset, How to Factory Reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fgignac 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fgignac you have so many issues, different type.  I wonder if you will factory reset your phone and start new..

Need Help? Let's chat.