cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem porting to PM from Telus

gfob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I attempted activating my PM sim card 6 hours ago, and it seemed to complete successfully. I got a couple emails afterward saying my accounts were activated successfully, but I'm still waiting for the port. I tried to log into self serve but it said my email was invalid. Also I never got the $2/month credit for enabling autopay.
11 REPLIES 11

smilingeyes70

Solved it on my own...turns out the issue was I had to untick the check box for I am authorized to release this account since my husband was actually the one who authorized it. Port went smoothly 🙂

smilingeyes70

Hello,

I'm having a similiar problem porting my # from Telus corporate:

Is your number still active with your previous provider?

Yes

When did you attempt to port in your phone number?

1:25 PM - tried 4 times

What is the number you want to transfer?

provided

Please provide at least one (1) of the following: (i) Account Number, (ii) PIN, (iii) ESN / IMEI from your old provider

Account # provided

Please provide your Public Mobile SIM card number

provided

What happens when you attempt to make a call?

still on the telus network - calls working fine

What happens when someone attempts to call you?

don't know

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone?

No; when attempting to port on your site, I received "Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

What shows on your phone when you insert the SIM card?

haven't tried

Is your old SIM card still active?

yes

Question:

My current account is with Telus Corporate under my husband's name. He is keeping his account with Telus. He has provided authorization to Telus to port my number. The authorization expires in 9 days. Please assist with helping me to port my #.

gfob
Yes I have already, seems like porting numbers from corporate accounts can be a little tricky. Cheers @srlawren

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gfob if you haven't already done so, please send @Mary_M your info, and she will be able to assist you, hopefully quickly.  Sorry about this hiccup, but welcome to Public Mobile, and I wish you smooth sailing from here.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @gfob

I'm sorry to see that you had some trouble activating & porting your services.

Please send me your SIM card number my private message.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dubcanada
You don't get the autopay reward the first payment. Only the second and onward.

gfob
Thanks @NDesai !

Looks like PM staff member will have to check on this. They will be online in the morning.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

please be patient. 

gfob
Error from creating the Account:
The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here. Submit

The email I used has been registered for Telus TV/internet but not the Mobility account.

Note- my cell # is currently part of a corporate plan, does that make a difference?

Try creating your account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you used the same email you used with Telus, there might be a problem porting in your number. 

Let us know your current situation. Staff member will help you.

gfob
(I also tried reactivating my SIM but it said "invalid SIM")
Need Help? Let's chat.