cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Calling A Landline Number

John304
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot reach my friend on Telus Landline since I put a new SIM card but my friend can reach me with same landline on my mobile. When I dial his landline number, I get this voice message "8UV1 your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again or call client care *611"

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@John304  For  all the landlines that you cannot call and getting 8UV1 error , are they Telus landlines?  There was similar issue from another member @TH04, he got 8UV1 error and turn out it is a problem on the Telus landline, not a PM problem. (again, thanks @TH04 coming back and tell us what happened)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/8UV1-your-call-cannot-be-completed-as-dia...

So, in this case, please open a ticket with PM Support and let them know what happened and what numbers you called and getting 8UV1 error.  But this could take a full month to get resolved.  😞

@John304 wrote:

Tried putting 1 in front but no luck. Yes this is the only number I am having problem with

@John304  Try to open ticket with PM.  

This is a coming error.  Look like PM Support has to get involved with this

Or if you have a 2nd phone around, try to put your PM SIM there, and see if you can make the call there.  By putting your PM SIM in a different phone, it will trigger a reprovision on the system and it might resolve the issue

John304
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried putting 1 in front but no luck. Yes this is the only number I am having problem with

JL9
Mayor / Maire

My sister had an issue like this with that.l code on another provider and after trying everything still couldn't make a successful call, hopefully you have better luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@John304 

8uv1 could be   an error on Telus/PM due to high call volume on the system. 

are you getting the same error for calling other number? 

Try to reseat the sim or at least reboot the phone and see how it goes.

If it still fails, open a ticket with PM Support and have them to investigate:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Kindly report back when the issue is fixed and what PM Support said the cause and what they did to fix it

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@John304 

Try putting a 1 in front of the number. Is this the only number you are having a problem with?

Need Help? Let's chat.