cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro rated??

Honeybuns7887
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi to Everyone

I paid for my 3GB at 3G speed plan (35$) on November 1st 2022 and upgraded to 15GB at 4G speed plan (40$) on November 9, 2022.

My problem is that on November 1st I got charged my usual plan and on November 9 when I upgraded I was charged entirely the whole 40$ for the new plan....

Being that I used to work for a major telecom provider and this kind of thing should have been pro rated... I should have been charged only 5$  (even less than that lol) for the remaining 3 week(ish)

Now my new plan is due fully again (40$) on December 9, instead of it being December 1st.

Anyway I still don't see a refund in my account and I will just have to leave because it's nonsense paying 75$ for a month (5 weeks in this case)

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this issue and have it resolved because I would hate to have to leave for this reason as I have been with Public Mobile for 3-4 years now and love it here but refuse to be taken advantage of 

Thanks in advance

😓💔

5 REPLIES 5

@torontokris wrote:

"I used to work for a major telecom provider and this kind of thing should have been pro rated"

Then you'd already be aware pre-paid isn't the same as post paid.

Freedom Mobile has long had a policy of pro-raiting the plan charges for even prepaid customers who make plan changes. Unofrutnatley, their policy isn't as good as it used to be, with proration only rounding off in an unfavorable way in chunks of 10 days.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

These are pre-paid plans. However they allow you to scheduale the plan change for your next renewal (future date).

"I used to work for a major telecom provider and this kind of thing should have been pro rated"

Then you'd already be aware pre-paid isn't the same as post paid.

You lost maybe $30 which is unfortunate. You mentioned you have been with PM 3-4 years so you will make that back in loyalty rewards alone in 8-10 months. Plus a way better plan with 15GB at 4G speed vs 3GB at 3G speed. Not worth leaving in my opinion

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Honeybuns7887 

So sorry, to hear about your misfortune but unfortunately there's no prorating here at Public Mobile and they don't give refunds either.  Sorry to see you go.

Honeybuns7887
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok thanks for letting me know

Sad to go elsewhere but oh well

Au Revoir PM it has been a great 3-4 years!!

💔

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Honeybuns7887 

Prepaid surface credits are non-refundable.

It is always advisable to change your plan on the next renewal as unused portions of cycles are not refunded if a customer chooses an immediate plan change.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but don't shoot the messenger.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.