cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary/personal?? Can’t SMS

Steph513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed carriers on Friday and now I have “primary” and “personal” all over my phone like it has two lines and I can select which one for calling out and messaging on a contact by contact basis but I think only personal actually works? I also cannot message anyone without an iPhone. I can only iMessage not SMS. When I go to message preferences it says “verifying” beside by number but beside my email there is a check mark and now all messages come from my email! HELP!

5 REPLIES 5

Ok, please follow as indicated above by softech to correct issues.

@Steph513 the response you got confirmed that the poeting was already completed. It is now a problem with correctly setting the eSIm on your phone. 

Do you see the Public Mobile eSim on your Settings > Cellular screen?? Did you try the steps I provided above to disable (Turn off) the other sim, physical and eSim and Enable (Turn in this line)!with PM's eSIM?? did you set that to Primary as well??

Steph513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I messaged you- the response is that there is no active transfer request

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steph513 

first, if you have an old carrier physical sim card, remove it

if you have an old carrier eSIM, you can disable "Turn on this line"

then  make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

let us know if that works

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Is your old carrier still active? It looks like the port was not successfully done. I will send you another message with a phone number to call to verify.

Need Help? Let's chat.