cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase for old plan

uoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received email

"The current price of your plan will increase from $10 to $13 starting April 28, 2022. Your payment method will automatically reflect the new amount of $13 so no further action is required from you."

I have this plan for my parent, they use the phone for emergency purpose.  

Really shame publicmobile to increase the price.

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

What plan do you have?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

PublicMobile21

I absolutely know exactly what plan I have & how it compares in the market - it is the cheapest because it has significant limitations. The price has just gone up significantly with no corresponding change in features.

@PublicMobile21 wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about - it's been well established that Canadian Telecom prices are some of the highest & least competitive in the world. 

HI @PublicMobile21 

you don't know what plan you have, you are on the cheapest plan in any Canadian Telecom provided as of today.  Even $13 is still the cheapest plan you can get.  

PublicMobile21

I don't know what you're talking about - it's been well established that Canadian Telecom prices are some of the highest & least competitive in the world. If we had any decent CRTC regulation right now they should be going down to bring us in line with the rest of the world, not up. Bell is no company to emulate. It was obviously just a matter of time after Telus acquired Public Mobile that things would go downhill, I frankly have just about stopped considering the appeal. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to new customers.

@PublicMobile21 wrote:

+1

This is garbage. PM lures in users with the low cost plan & loyalty rewards then discontinues both & declares war on the grandfathered users by wiping out my 3 years of loyalty $3 discount with a $3 price increase.

Absolute garbage tactics & an untrustworthy carrier who's rewards program isn't worth anything because once you accrue any they make sure to nullify it with price increases.

HI @PublicMobile21   I think you are too upset with it.  No business can keep running without any price increase.  This is normal.  PM has kept this price for many years already.  how can they honour this price forever

Talking about unreasonable, my Bell internet bill keep $2 or so every year or every other year.  

imagesoft

I am assuming, switching to the $15 plan, the old loyalty discounts carry over, as long as you didn't switch to the new rewards program.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As I said in the other thread on this same topic, This is clearly a Telus move and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, the lesson here is Don't trust any brand that is run by the big three.

PublicMobile21

Ought to be illegal.

PublicMobile21

+1

This is garbage. PM lures in users with the low cost plan & loyalty rewards then discontinues both & declares war on the grandfathered users by wiping out my 3 years of loyalty $3 discount with a $3 price increase.

Absolute garbage tactics & an untrustworthy carrier who's rewards program isn't worth anything because once you accrue any they make sure to nullify it with price increases.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @uoft   Look like other plans are staying the same rate for now.  If that is the case, maybe $15 plan is a better deal than.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @uoft   Yes, the $10 is increasing to $13. So far we have couple members on that plan and they got the same email

Need Help? Let's chat.