cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase & friend referral gone down - Fall 2016 promo plan

Raptors_416
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My plan was auto-renewed as usual, every 3 months but for the first time , price has gone up . I noticed that the friend referral went down ( in my case from $12 to $3). Can you please let me know what this is happening? 

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

@Raptors_416 wrote:

It seems to be an error as I never had that scenario happen to my account previously. Hoping the mods can help.

If you are able to prove that you have 12 active referrals with their phone numbers you can hopefully get them back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@RossN wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@Raptors_416  hi they cleaned up a lot of accounts that had closed if your friends left that could be the reason if you don't agree contact a moderator    click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

To my knowledge, removal of friends who left was never really the main issue.  The main issue was the additional of fictitious referrals.

@computergeek541 ???

Over the past few years, I have lost some referrals. Referrals did sometimes get lost and did get removed from the list and the credits were also removed.

The bug related to what happened when a customer went into suspended status for paying late. The referral credit would get removed from the referrer's account, but when the referral reactivated, the system would add $2 back to the referrer's refer-a-friend credit instead of $1.  This would happen each and every time. This meant that it was possible for a $20 (or more) refer-a-friend credit to appear for a single referrral.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@Raptors_416  hi they cleaned up a lot of accounts that had closed if your friends left that could be the reason if you don't agree contact a moderator    click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

To my knowledge, removal of friends who left was never really the main issue.  The main issue was the additional of fictitious referrals.

@computergeek541 ???

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Raptors_416 wrote:

It seems to be an error as I never had that scenario happen to my account previously. Hoping the mods can help.

You can contact all your referrals to make sure that they are still with PM before asking moderator to check on your referrals.

@RossN wrote:

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Raptors_416 PM recently did some house cleaning and got rid of phantom referrals that should not have been earning rewards. Check the ones that you have left 20200512_193955.jpg

And if you can prove that all or some of the missing ones are still active and in good standing with PM. Contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Raptors_416

In my case , I know the contacts I have referred and they are still existing PM customers.

Thanks 

Raptors_416

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Raptors_416 there was a bug that allowed people to get referral reward even if your referrals are not with PM anymore. Now it is fixed.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Raptors_416 wrote:

Hello,

My plan was auto-renewed as usual, every 3 months but for the first time , price has gone up . I noticed that the friend referral went down ( in my case from $12 to $3). Can you please let me know what this is happening? 

Thank you!

@Raptors_416 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you!

This could be error on the Public Mobile side of things. However, not long ago, Public Mobile removed duplicate referral credits that were the result of a referred friend's account going into the suspension. When this happened, the system would erroneously add an extra referral upon reactivation of that suspended account.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Raptors_416 pm did a referral cleanup, where customers were receiving referral credits even when the person was not a customer at public anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.