Does Public offer reward points for pre authorized payment on my Credit Card

11 REPLIES 11

Ggk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes, old reward program is better

Ggk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello,

for pre-authorization, Public Mobil will only going to charge the set amount after deducting $2 , I hope this is helpful

yes, in general,  DO NOT migrate to the new systems.  

Another major disadvantage is the nee Anniversary rewards compare with the Loyalty rewards on the old

Anniversary rewars only gives you 10 Points (= $10) every year, while the old Loyalty rewards give you a total of $12 on the 2nd years, $24 on 3rd and as many as $60 on the 5th years and thereafter 

But, if you joined after Jan 25, you have no choice but to join the new system 

@OS-10 wrote:

I feel the old rewards program is still better for pre-authorized payments

Yes, many would agree the old rewards program is better; so stay in it if you are in it.

But, any rewards is a bonus I suppose @OS-10  🙂

OS-10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I feel the old rewards program is still better for pre-authorized payments

OS-10

Thanks so much for the info....I prefer the old rewards program

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

as in your other thread there @OS-10 . 🙂

"Anyone who activated after January 25, 2022 is automatically on the Public Points rewards system and is not eligible for the $2 autopay reward.

OR, if someone switched from old to new rewards, then autopay is not available either @OS-10 ."

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@OS-10  Yes for the old rewards system,  $2 Autopay discount.

But No  on the new rewards system.  

Anyone who activated after January 25, 2022 is automatically on the Public Points rewards system and is not eligible for the $2 autopay reward.

OR, if someone switched from old to new rewards, then autopay is not available either @OS-10 .

@OS-10 no, the new rewards system does not give you any reward for enabling Pre-Authorized payments.  You get 5% back in point for all purchases and spending instead

OS-10

The old rewards system gives you rewards for setting up pre-authorized payment .

Does the new new reward program gives you points for that ???

Need Help? Let's chat.