cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postdated activation

Markuson88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

my parents in law are coming to Canada in 2 weeks and I purchased two sim cards for them.

I was wondering, can I activate their sim cards but start paying once they arrive?

Is there an option during the activation process that allows me to set the date of activation?

Thank you

Marco

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Markuson88 

make sure to do your due diligence before they start their PM account.

For one thing...where are they coming from as their current cell phones may not work in Canada. What make / model are their phones ?

Make sure you realize that each account needs a unique email address. If using gmail, you can use alias's.

Make sure to use your referral code when setting up their accounts. They will each get a $10 credit to their accounts, while you'll still get $1/30 days Reward for as long as those accounts stay active...assuming you're still enrolled in

Rewards.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Markuson88 

No option to make an advance payment on PM. Best to activate the SIM the night before their arrival but don’t forget to use your Referral Code while activating the 2 SIMs.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Markuson88 

Interesting proposition - it would be kind of neat if one could activate a SIM card with a post-dated payment, for instance if someone was wanting to gift a service to someone.

Out of curiosity, are they coming to Canada permanently or just for a short-term visit?  If it is for less than 30 days bear in mind that even if you activate the card sometime before their arrival, the first cycle is good for a full 30 days from the date of activation when payment is made.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Markuson88 plan starts the day of the activation and PM plans running on 30 days cycle.  So, it is best to activate closer when they arrive 

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sorry there is no option for that its the day you activate the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.