cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Merger Between T-Mobile and Sprint in USA

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

According to MarketWatch there is possible T-Mobile-Sprint merger in USA.

Obviously someone could say what it has to do with Canada, anyway.

They actually used Canada as an example of how consumers can lose in the long run if it would happen.

Quotes:

"If the number of major carriers were to shrink from four to three, it is unlikely a low-cost option would remain, Mills said, pointing to Canada as an example. "You'll end up with three great carriers with expensive data plans," he said.

"In Canada, there are only three major wireless carriers - Bell, Rogers and Telus - and their plans are priced basically the same due to the reduced level of competition, according to mobile news website iMore."

Full Article:  https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAsgYvg?m=en-us

3 REPLIES 3

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xCameron94x wrote:

I wouldn't say we necessairly have "reduced" competition here in Canada. In areas like Quebec, Manitoba and Sask they have no choice to lower plans, because of the regional carriers. But otherwise it's basically an oligopoly here.

@xCameron94x

Very true. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

lol

Who has T-Mobile not attempted to get in bed with?

I think it's a yearly marketing ploy, someone else please buy us

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't say we necessairly have "reduced" competition here in Canada. In areas like Quebec, Manitoba and Sask they have no choice to lower plans, because of the regional carriers. But otherwise it's basically an oligopoly here.

Need Help? Let's chat.