cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

tkelly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I am trying to port my phone number from kiddo.how is that done ?

19 REPLIES 19

@Brewmeanie understand your explanation. Stick with the private message route 🙂

Brewmeanie

I did try that submit request, but inside the submit request, after filling out all the information needed, the next button stay greyed out(doesn't let me hit that) same for the submit button.  If I use chat bot to try and get help with that, it send me back to the submit request, which would go back to the submit request again, and inside the form will have the same problem again.

@Brewmeanie you're welcome!. I did try the chat bot and don't see how it looped you.

You type " Port Request"

Click "Contact Moderator"

Click the "Click Me" underneath submit a ticket.

Screenshot_20200920_184052.jpg

Anyways glad you were able to contact them via private message. Keep an eye on on your inbox (envelope top rightish of these forums) that is where they will contact you back.

Have a good day!

Brewmeanie

Thx, at least this is not looping me back to the same thing over and over again despite any options I pick in chat bot 

@Brewmeanie  if the chat bot is being a pain. Write them via private message.

Click this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Brewmeanie

trying to contact a moderator, but it keep looping me into that submit a ticket page with the next button greyed out

Contact a moderator.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Brewmeanie

Im having the issue where the next button is greyed out, despite me having all the information filled out

Name: filled

phone number: filled

landline? checked with address info

checked off acct number with that filled

After that: Is this the first attempt to activate with this phone number? tried both yes and no, but the next button stay greyed out.

Any other way I could do this without being stuck here?

@ehcoustic No, you don't need PIN to port from Koodo when you have account number.

ehcoustic

I could be wrong - you will probably need the pin and the account number (from koodo) to port into Public Mobile.  

try though (google resource)

Koodo Port 

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Under “Manage your phone number,” select Manage.
  4. Select Transfer your phone number.
  5. Enter your new phone number.
  6. Select Next.
  7. If your number is eligible to move, fill out the required information.
  8. Select Submit.

@jkpatel199 I had the same problem with Koodo. omg it was so frustrating!  I had to schedule several callbacks before I was able to talk to a human.  Good luck in your quest.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jkpatel199 

@tkelly 

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "Port Request" for fast response from moderator.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

jkpatel199

At the time of activation, It was written that if you are koodo user then first activate the account then you could be able to port.

@jkpatel199 wrote:

I have same situation. Trying to port from koodo to public. Virtual assistant not able to arrange moderator.

With the instructions provided earlier, moderators are contacted who will assist with the process.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jkpatel199 wrote:

I have same situation. Trying to port from koodo to public. Virtual assistant not able to arrange moderator.

@jkpatel199 contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human this will help to generate a ticket mention port request  check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

jkpatel199

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tkelly  Have your Koodo account number ready along with the name on the account and your Koodo phone number. To complete your port-in request, please click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Please include the info from above.

Hope this helps!

@tkelly wrote:

Do you already have an account?

If you have not yet activate your Public Mobile service, porting in a number from a postpaid Koodo account can be done at the time of activation.

If you have already activated your Public Mobile service, you'll need to proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type "port request'.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tkelly wrote:

@tkelly try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated mention port request, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.