cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting question

Swirlled
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey so I ported my number when I tried to activate my sim card and it got stuck, but now that today is December 2, I am not paying for my other service anymore does that mean that my number is lost and I can no longer port that number over? 😞
6 REPLIES 6

You can only wait and see. My understanding is that an account must ba active to transfer. The situation you described has the account suspended but not yet deleted.

PM has a similar procedure in that an account can stay suspended for 90 days before the account and phone number are deleted. One cannot port out from PM if the account is suspended.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Swirlled
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Shazia_K and @Luddite I did not close my account, I just didn't pay for next month's bill. I asked some representatives and they said I should be able to still port my number.. They said unless it says my account is suspended, which it's not by the way, it said it's expired, they said unless it's suspended then that's when I lose my number and am unable to port it.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Swirlled

If you haven't paid for your old service and that the account has shut down, then the port will definitely fail.

You would need to call them and temporarily re-activate the service.

Thanks,

Shazia 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Swirlled BIG RISK of losing your number if you have closed your old account. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K not sure if you can help here

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Swirlled

If you really need the number, you'll have to pay so that to complete the porting process. 

Need Help? Let's chat.