cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem

Downtime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My ported in number 613-xxx-xxxx is still not working, the number on my on my SIM card is appearing as 343-xxx-xxxx.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Downtime

Thanks, they resolved it

@Downtime wrote:

Downtime_0-1645717994451.png

@Downtime   You might want to call the porting department number i sent you earlier and ask them if they got your Porting request.  They will instruct what to do next 

Downtime

Downtime_0-1645717994451.png

Downtime

after selecting the Change Number | "transfer a wireless or wireless number" option and filling out the form, both the next and submit buttons are still greyed out

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Downtime   Even porting has not been completed, the number on your SIM should be the same as the number you try to port in. 

Has this been over a month?  Did you reply YES to a text from your previous provider on your previous SIM?  The text reply is a critical step or porting would fail.   If the porting request was over a month and not completed, the porting request will be cancelled and PM will assign you a random number

If the port request was less than a month, there is a number you can call to talk to live support for porting status.  I will private message you in Community inbox on the top right, the envelope icon.  Call them for an update

If it is over a month, login to My Account and confirm if your phone number showing there is the one you want to port in (the 613 number)   If not the number you want (like is the  343 number as you said) , click Change number and re-request again

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

Once requested the porting again, put your OLD sim back to a phone and reply YES within 90 minutes after you got the text from your previous provider asking for your approval

then put the PM sim back to a phone, reboot every 30 mins and it should work this time

After you re-request the porting, if any problem (like you missed the text or waited couple hours and porting still not completed) , you can still call the number I private message you for status update

Need Help? Let's chat.