cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting ph

RBF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just completed porting my phone from Lucky to PM. I got a text to complete SIM activation and provide Lucky acc#. The only # on the lucky app and my contract is my ph#. Is this ok. Will my ph # port to P M? The sim is showing a signal, but no text/call can be received.

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@RBF wrote:

I just completed porting my phone from Lucky to PM. I got a text to complete SIM activation and provide Lucky acc#. The only # on the lucky app and my contract is my ph#. Is this ok. Will my ph # port to P M? The sim is showing a signal, but no text/call can be received.

This message means that Lucky account number provided to Publc was wrong. You'll need it to complete the port. Ask Lucky for it if you have to 

aaron08919
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The SIM card that has just been activated can not be used immediately. It takes about 2 hours to use normally. If it doesn't work, it will wait until the next day to reactivate. I have encountered a situation before, and can only make calls after activation. Can't answer the phone, then wait until the next day to re-register to activate normal use, I hope to help you!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RBF wrote:

It means that the port did not go through. Not sure what Lucky uses but if you login into Lucky you should be able to retrieve your account number. If they don't use one then you will need to provide the PIN that you used when you signed up.

You need to send the @CS_Agent a private message with the details so that they can complete the port.

Until then you can continue to use your Luck SIM until the port is completed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@RBF  As long as you provided the number, name and account number associated with your Lucky mobile account, it should go through. Give about 1 hours or so and see if you get a text from Public Mobile letting you know that port in has been completed. Only then you will be able to properly use call and text services. 

Need Help? Let's chat.