cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

knosewor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for in the community search.

I'm a current PM customer, with an active account, but am in the process of getting a phone provided by my employer, who is unfortunately with a different provider.  I'd like to port my existing phone number over to this other provider and close my PM account immediately, but the other provider is saying they can't port my number over from PM because it's a pre-paid plan.  From everything I've read in the community, it definitely seems possible.  

My question is, what specific information would I need to give the other provider, so they can submit the porting request?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That sounds absolutely ridiculous - prepaid or postpaid should not make difference for porting out your number, and certainly many people have ported out PM numbers to over providers in the past. As mentioned, all you would need is your phone number, account number and PIN. If they continue to hassle you, maybe send a message to the moderators and see if additional information can be provided. Good luck!

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For porting out, all you have to give your employer is your public mobile account number which is available on the self serve at the top right corner. it shouldnt be a problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.