cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out from PM

SowBo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tring to port from PM to fizz. When I click transfer number account, it shows an error 'Phone number not eligible to port'. 

Can someone share the contact number of the porting team so that I can get this fixed from them.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@SowBo 

You will need to contact Fizz if you are porting out of PM but it looks like you can’t port your number over to Fizz.

You will need to pick a new number with Fizz.

With the infromation provided so far, there isn't any way to know that the number can't be ported to Fizz. As perviously mentioned, using the Public Mobile app cannot tell a customer whether can be ported out.  In the the vast majority of cases, the number can be ported to Fizz.

@SowBo wrote:

Am checking in PM and Fizz both. In PM app, under Transfer number, am getting the error message saying Phone number not eligible to port.

That isn't how to check number porting eligibility to Fizz. The check that was used from the Public Mobiel app is only for porting to Public Mobile.  You'll need to use the eligbility check provided by Fizz.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SowBo 

You will need to contact Fizz if you are porting out of PM but it looks like you can’t port your number over to Fizz.

You will need to pick a new number with Fizz.

SowBo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am checking in PM and Fizz both. In PM app, under Transfer number, am getting the error message saying Phone number not eligible to port.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SowBo 

Transfer number to is to transfer your number to PM not port out from PM.

you need to contact fizz or log to their app or website to port the PM number to them

@SowBo , number porting is a "pull process".  Your new provider is the one that does all the heavy lifting.  They need to straighten out the number transfer eligibility.  Public Mobile has not role to play other than to issue a port confirmation when you are moving out.  

@SowBo wrote:

Tring to port from PM to fizz. When I click transfer number account, it shows an error 'Phone number not eligible to port'. 

Can someone share the contact number of the porting team so that I can get this fixed from them.

Where are you checking number portability eligibility?  For porting from Public Mobile to Fizz, Fizz is responsible for providing all support. Please contact Fizz.

Need Help? Let's chat.