cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out and getting a new number for my account

Cloud2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm considering porting my existing number away from public mobile and keep the accounting with a new number so I can keep my bonuses earned over the years.  Any idea of that's doable?

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Cloud2 wrote:

I'm considering porting my existing number away from public mobile and keep the accounting with a new number so I can keep my bonuses earned over the years.  Any idea of that's doable?

This is not possible sorry.  As it has been stated once you port out your number, your account gets closed.  All loyalty rewards would be gone as well.  You would be starting a new account on the new rewards system.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cloud2 

Once you port out, you will lose all rewards and bonuses and when you open a new account...you will be on the new Points Reward system and not the old Legacy Rewards system where you will get $2 credit/month for AutoPay, $1 credit/month for every year with PM and $1 credit/ month for each referral.

Better to stay with your existing account and number.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure about porting out and getting a new number. I would think you would be considered a new customer then no? And if new customer you are no longer a part of the Legacy Rewards program but now the new points system.  Not sure if it would make sense to do that. 

So then you would be paying 2 bills?

Cloud2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account not accounting

Need Help? Let's chat.