cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

bkehew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have a family plan with TELUS with four phones and four different numbers. If I switch one phone to PM, will my Telus account be canceled right away before the other phones can be switched over? We plan to switch two phones to PM and the other two to other carriers. 

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bkehew 

@esjliv is right.  You need to find out how the Telus family plan is structured.

I had family plan with Zoomer.  I need to move the number to be ported out to a cheap plan before I can port it out to PM.  You may need to do the same.  If you move a number to an individual postpaid plan, you can port out that number next day.  Since it is a postpaid plan, you will not be charged for the days after the new plan after port out.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bkehew 

When you just port one line, your remaining Telus family account will not be cancelled.  

In general, it is recommended the port the "master" line last from the family plan.  Just in case something happens when you port the master line earlier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bkehew 

and when switch from Telus to public mobile, and your account Telus automatically close 

you don't have to do anything and your account with Telus have be activated to the Transferring process will going through,

important to know

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bkehew wrote:

I currently have a family plan with TELUS with four phones and four different numbers. If I switch one phone to PM, will my Telus account be canceled right away before the other phones can be switched over? We plan to switch two phones to PM and the other two to other carriers. 

Hello @bkehew 

That is a question for Telus, really.

When you port a Telus number over to PUblic Mobile the ONE Telus number with them will be cancelled. Not sure what your terms/conditions are for this. So that is why you should ask Telus if this affects anything.

NOTE: Public Mobile IS a Telus owned company.

And, Public Mobile does not offer family plans. One unique email per account/SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.