cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Rogers

aalapati
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

I activated a PM sim card yesterday. I was assigned a phone number at that time.

I'm now trying to port my phone number fom Rogers. I have an active plan with Rogers.

I went to "change phone number"...

• selected option "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider",
  • entered my wireless phone number,
  • selected checkbox "I am authorized to transfer this phone number"
  • then clicked confirm button. I get the following error message:

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

14 REPLIES 14

mebwp2

Still waiting.

Still not Fixed

Still paying for 2 services

aalapati

@Shazia_K

It has been 2 weeks since I've opened the ticket and it has been 1 week since my old phone numbers stopped working. No one could call and text us. I understand you have lot of emails to go through. Can you give me how long it would take my phone numbers to port? 

aalapati
@Shazia_K
I sent you information in a private message. Please let me know if you need more information.

aalapati
@Shazia_K

I sent you information in a private message. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
Atchuta

mebwp2

exactly the same problem.

sent pm to mod 

just putting my old sim back in since my rogers account is still active

and will wait till it is less busy 

Hopefully after the promo ends on the 20th this can get sorted out.

Not in a hurry since I can still use rogers

fluffspice

@Shazia_K 
Was that enough information to retry the port ?

fluffspice

@Shazia_K Everything sent in a PM !

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@fluffspice

Sorry to hear about that!

Can you please send me a private message with

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

fluffspice

@Shazia_KCan I please get your help ! 
Its been 9 days since attempting to port and Im still without incoming calls and Texts
My number is being ported from rogers and all I am able to do is make outgoing calls and Data 

Please Help! 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @aalapati

I'm sorry about this, 

I'm currently responding to Saturday's messages, was your message sent before that? if so, please send it back to me 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

aalapati

1 week later my number has not ported yet. It looks like moderators are very busy. Hope my turn comes soon...

aalapati

Hello @BowChickaBowWow

Thank you for the quick response. I'm getting the message right after entering the number and before had an oppertunity to enter my information.Will wait for some time and try again..

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

yeah, the system is a little overloaded at the moment....best is to private message one of the 3 moderators @Mary_M ( just clcik on the name and to your right you select"send a privae message")

cheers and welcome

BowChickaBowWow

@aalapati,

First, welcome to PM.

Second, it appears that due to the sheer popularity of this promotion, the system might have been inundated with too many requests. I would recommend waiting for an hour or so, and then trying at a somewhat less busy time. Also, make sure you are filling out the various pieces of information such as account number (from rogers) and address / name etc.

You can always check out this post for a few helpful links in the meantime. There is definitely an element of "patience" in here. Easier said than done, I understand, but it is still there.

HTH

Need Help? Let's chat.