cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in from koodo postpaid

yoshanaku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to port in my koodo prepaid number to PM, not working online. Store called service number and got nowhere

10 REPLIES 10

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @yoshanaku,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yoshanaku are you saying that your Koodo sim no longer works? And that the Koodo account is closed?

Can you try calling out on your pm sim? Could you have actulaly ported?  Your Koodo account should only be terminated by a sucsefful port.

mimmo

@yoshanaku you need to message the mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

yoshanaku

Can a Mod please reply, going in circles here, confirmed with koodo just now that everything is gone on their end. Still can't get past the check eligibility page on PM.

popping

@yoshanaku

Porting tips:  

After initiated porting your number online, continue to use your old SIM card to call out, receiving calls and send/receive text until it is dead.  Then, the number porting is completed and start using the new PM SIM card.

mimmo

Post paid should be pretty straight forward. Try logging into selfserve in incognito mode .  From what I recall it should ask you to enter your number to see if it is valid.  IfIf nothing  is happening  at thaT point then I would wait a little and try again later.  I have had issues with the browser before that's why I suggest incognito mode.

yoshanaku

Coming from koodo postpaid. Auto correct changed it to prepaid by mistake

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yoshanaku, are you getting a specific error message on screen?  I know there are issues if you are porting from Koodo pre-paid to Public Mobile.  In that case you must get help from a moderator.

mimmo

@yoshanaku your title says potpaid but your message says prepaid. My message above was for prepaid

mimmo

For prepaid you need to contact the mods.  First I would sign up with a tempoRy number and use a different email than with Koodo prepaid.  One you have an account message the mods with your Koodo prepaid info.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.