cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Bell

yomama81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I completed all the info to open my account and port my current number from Bell to PM. After all the info it ended with

Failed please contact public mobile to complete activation (I think it said activation) I'm wanting to get the current Bonus offer of 3G with certain plans so I chose the $35/month plan. Not sure if theres a promo code needed or if it's just an automatic thing that will be added on. Anybody out here that can help me, I would really appreciate it. Man I must be getting old to not know how to do this stuff anymore lol

9 REPLIES 9

yomama81

Thank u everyone for ur help. I went ahead amd unlocked my phone, then inserted my bell sim again. Re did the pm pages for activating and porting my number over. IT WORKED. So problem solved I guess. Again thank u everyone

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you can put your Bell SIM back in your phone and use away with no issue. 

For the unlock process all you need to do is inset a SIM from another provider other than Bell which the phone is locked . Once this is done the phone will ask you for the unlock code which Bell provided to you. All this does is make the phone useable on all supported networks. This means you can pop in SIM cards from any supported cell provider and your phone will work. So once your Bell SIM stops working , take it out and insert your Public Mobile SIM . If you have not entered the unlock code yet , then the phone will ask for the unlock code. Enter it . The phone will most likely power off and on them say unlock accepted . You will see it search for Public Mobile signal. Then once it finds it you will see Public Mobile displayed on the screen . Check your phone to see if working by making a call and if you have text and data try sending a text , picture text and connect to data over cellular . If any of these don't work check your APN settings for Public Mobile :

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

Cheers. 

Ottawaal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bell has to send the unlock code to your phone if it is still locked to bell

yomama81

Thank u. I am still using my Bell SIM. Now I wonder, my phone is locked to Bell amd i have the unlock code amd they said once i unlock it to stick a different company SIM into my phone. If I put an unactivated SIM in will I be able to put my Bell SIM back in after and keep using it until my PM SIM is working? Maybe that's part of the issue for my porting 

yomama81

Thank u. I know that my card wasn't charged. And my login etc. doesnt work so I'm not sure. I'm gonna try the chrome thing and if that doesnt work then I'll contact the moderators. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yomama81 wrote:

I completed all the info to open my account and port my current number from Bell to PM. After all the info it ended with

Failed please contact public mobile to complete activation (I think it said activation) I'm wanting to get the current Bonus offer of 3G with certain plans so I chose the $35/month plan. Not sure if theres a promo code needed or if it's just an automatic thing that will be added on. Anybody out here that can help me, I would really appreciate it. Man I must be getting old to not know how to do this stuff anymore lol

@yomama81  While waiting for Public Mobile to get back to you regarding your port from Bell it is recommended to keep using your Bell sim for calls/texts. Once the port is 100% complete your Bell sim will stop working. At that point just insert your new Public Mobile sim card and everything should be working. Welcome to PM. Smiley Happy

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

As @computergeek541 said, give the Bell account number, account owner name and phone number.
Trying to provide more information (like IMEI or PIN) can lead to mistakes and a failed port.

Also in case anyone forgets, you have to make sure the Bell account is still open/active.

@yomama81 wrote:

First off, make sure that you have your Bell account number.  Provide that information, as well as the account owner name, and the phone number that you are trying to port over private to Moderator_Team.  They can be contacted using this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@yomama81 If you used a credit card check whether it you were charged for the plan or not. If you were then try clicking My Account in the top right corner and try logging in, even if you were given an error message it may have worked. If your card was not charged then try signing up again but use the Chrome browser in incognito mode, other browsers sometimes have problems with this site, if it still doesn't work then you will need to contact the moderators.
You can send the moderators a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you port your phone number from Bell then the bonus should be applied automatically, there is no promo code.
Need Help? Let's chat.