cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Bell Prepaid

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi folks,

I have a friend who will be joining Public Mobile within the next week. He is currently on a Bell prepaid account. He absolutely has to keep the same phone number. His phone is unlocked, and I have set up perhaps a dozen accounts for friends on postpaid, so I'm familiar with the process. I've searched and read what I could find on porting from Bell prepaid, but am not 100% clear on the procedure. What do I need to do to complete this process. Anything in particular that I need to watch out for? Thanks to all for any advice you may offer.

GC

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

Koodo/Telus prepaid and PC Mobile postpaid are the problem children for port-ins.

@Luddite I thought I  remember  one of the mods saying only Koodo prepaid was the problem child.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public! Glad that you are making a great decision. The community is always a click away if you need help

GreatCanadian

Thanks guys. So I'll just make sure he has his Bell account number and proceed as normal. 

GC 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GreatCanadian, I did a bell prepaid account por to this service back in 2016.  I had to contact Bell to find out the account number.  The Bell self serve portal for prepaid did not show the account number.  With account number in hand, the port was lightning fast.  They did not disrupt the port in any way.

Koodo/Telus prepaid and PC Mobile postpaid are the problem children for port-ins.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GreatCanadian

Ok thanks guys. I was thinking that because it's a prepaid account that there were a few things to be weary of. I knew there were issues with porting from Koodo prepaid, so I assumed the same here. Again, thanks!!

GC

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @GreatCanadian .as far as I know only Koodo prepaid is problematic.

As you know you need name and account number.

Also port a couple days before the bell expires, that gives you time once activation error or porting error.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You will need to follow the same procedure as postpaid. Just make sure the prepaid account is currently active. 

Need Help? Let's chat.