cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Bell / Incoming calls only

vbcrain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help me with my porting from Bell. I activated my SIM and requested my number be ported from Bell on Friday August 26 but I am still only able to make outgoing calls.

Incoming calls go directly to my Bell voicemail and I cannot recieve incoming calls or send texts. I have contacted Bell and they have said the issue lies with PublicMobile to resolve. I've also submitted a support request but have not receive a response.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Port likely will be completed within 24 hours, from my experience.

effigicars45

I'm with Bell Moility

effigicars45

Yes Bell Account is up to date.

@Melch wrote:

Porting can take up to 48 hours when I moved from Rogers to Public.  Ensure that your account with Bell is in good standing and nothing is holding the port up,.

It's certainly not impossible for it to take that long, but unless there's a problem with the port, transferring from one wireless provider to another should never take 48 hours.

@effigicars45  When you say Bell, do you mean Bell Canada or Bell Mobility?

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It can take up to 48 hours.

@effigicars45 wrote:

I am a new Public mobile client. Cannot recieve incoming calls. I was with Bell

Melch

Porting can take up to 48 hours when I moved from Rogers to Public.  Ensure that your account with Bell is in good standing and nothing is holding the port up,.

effigicars45

Its been 6 hours still no incoming calls

effigicars45

I am a new Public mobile client. Cannot recieve incoming calls. I was with Bell

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome aboard, @vbcrain!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

vbcrain

Portings been completed, everything works.

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@vbcrain

Perfect! Thanks! 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Yumm sounds delicious Smiley LOL now i'm getting really hungry haha! Starbucks iced coconut milk mocha macchiato here I COME!

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

vbcrain

Thanks for getting back to me Shazia_K,

pm'd you the addtional infor you requested.

srlawren

@Shazia_K well it's still morning here on the west coast, but I did recently finish a delicious Starbucks iced coconut milk mocha macchiato...  might be time to fire up the office Keurig for coffee #2 though!  Cheers. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

Did you have your afternoon coffee? hehe 😉 @vbcrain I have received a private message from you but you forgot to include the following: 

- Your Public Mobile SIM card #

- Porting #

- Account # with Bell

Thanks, 

Shazia

srlawren

@Pier I hope @Shazia_K can resolve this for you quickly. 

vbcrain

Thanks Pier,

Have sent to pm to Shazia_K.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello!

Send a private message to Shazia_K or Mary_M and they will take care of that. Be patient and you'll get it fixed soon by them.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M

Cheers,

Need Help? Let's chat.