cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting error

maherhusain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So this morning I tried to make the move from Fido to PM. Everything thing went normal. But currently, I cannot receive any calls or text messages
And I got the following text message from PM:

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

I've a telephone interview coming up this Monday morning. I was wondering how long will this porting take to be completely successful?

Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

maherhusain
Thank you so much for your reply! I've already private messaged the MOD but no reply yet. Hopefully soon they come back to me with a positive news!

@maherhusain wrote:
So this morning I tried to make the move from Fido to PM. Everything thing went normal. But currently, I cannot receive any calls or text messages
And I got the following text message from PM:

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

I've a telephone interview coming up this Monday morning. I was wondering how long will this porting take to be completely successful?

Thank you!

This is not simply an issue of waiting longer for the phone number port to be completed.  In Public's text, they have flat-out informed you that the porting request has failed.   The PIN number of the old provider was wrong, based on the information that your old provider gave to Public for rejection. 

You do need to contact Public Mobile (as mentioned in the text message) to have to porting request resubmitted.  I wouldn't even bother with the pin.  The most important piece of information is the Fido account number.  Send a message to Public with the phone number you wish to port in, the name on the account, and the Fido account number, and Public will redo the porting request. After it is resubmitted, things should be up and running after 2.5 hours (although you'll have to add the time that it takes the Pulbic employee to read your message and submit it ).

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi

yes...just use a different phone.... you will know once fully done when you start receiveing calls on your PM phone....you can test by calling yourself from a different phone...

cheers

maherhusain
Oh okay. Also for time being until my porting is fully completed to PM, can I just use my Fido sim on a different phone? Just asking this to make sure this doesn't affect the overall porting process

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm guessing you still receive phone calls on your Fido sim card?, if you have a backup phone you can use your Fido sim to receive calls until this is resolved. 

jheili99

also: if the port is not completed, your fido account is still open...thus you can put your fido card back into your phone to receive calls.......as a back up plan.......once port is done, your fido account closes fully by itself..

cheers

jheili99

hi..

this is normal as your port has not fully completed..

once fully done you will receive a text from PM saying, that port has been completed successfully...

just wait a little longer..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.