cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting away from PM

DGVictoria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I port my phone number away from Public Mobile to another provider, what happens to the remaining 3 months on my recently activated account? Since PM is pre-paid, would I simply get another phone number assigned to my PM account and SIM?

Since my phone supports dual SIMs, I'm trying to come up with a temporary way to make calls until PM fixes my calling issue...

@Jeremy_M in the unlikely event that mods are still reading forum posts...

25 REPLIES 25

Also, when PM solves the issues, who knows, U might say, I wanna stay with PM.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@redfield when things get back to normal, those kind of issues get solved in minutes to hours.

Agreed with @kav2001c - it's probably best to wait until your PM service activates and completes the number port.  You may have chosen to leave PM, but if you rush an ongoing number port or confuse it with another number port request then the number might be lost.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I hate to salt the wound but

You probably can not port out yet 

Public needs to complete port first

Unless you call old provider and cancel port request (if still possible)

redfield
Until you try to make a change in your current plan or buy a new service

cphan0604
Because the price is really good and once you are up and running, you won't need any customer service again...

redfield

The fact that PM doesn't do refunds doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.

I think you can just call your credit card, explain the situation and cancel the charge.

Luckily, my porting failed and I can make and receive calls while waiting for them to fix it. 

Actually Im not sure I want them to complete porting. Why would I pay to company that provides THAT kind of service?

Rockdaddy22
Definitely worst case, also a chargeback.

Zadrox

Probably. CCTS would be the worst case scenario, but it does seem like a pretty clear cut case, if it had to go that far.

Rockdaddy22
You wouldn't have to do that, they'd give you a full refund. You just have to be patient to get in contact with them at the moment.

Zadrox

Honestly, probably could file a report with CCTS for a breach of the wireless code, and eventually get your money back that way.

Rockdaddy22
What are you even talking about? Who has more customers?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

There is hit and miss for this kind of busines model.  That's why the phone service company that has phone support has more customers.  🙂  

DGVictoria

Ditto - thanks @Rockdaddy22!

Rockdaddy22
Link doesn't work for me. Rest assured they will get to you.

Rockdaddy22
It will be fixed, the mods have been working extremely hard. I've noticed it's been getting a little better every day. I'm sure they'll get to you soon. You could also try facebook or twitter support. I really hope they can fix you up tomorrow.

Rockdaddy22
Was this a new activation or a port?

DGVictoria

Pretty negative unfortunately - my cell service just "doesn't work" and there's no indication when or even if it would ever start to work. So I've accepted that I've lost out on $120 and need to find another carrier.

I'm sure PM works great for quite a few people, and the community here seems very supportive. But this experience has made me realize how much I take customer service for granted... especially basic things like being able to look up the status of my support requests!

Just curious, was your time with PM a positive or negative experience? Just curious

No Problem

DGVictoria

thank you for the quick replies @makkahn28 @NDesai @Rockdaddy22!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I think the account would be terminated automatically once you port out and since its pre-paid, they don't offer any refund or any kind of credit.

Rockdaddy22
You'd lose the money
Need Help? Let's chat.