cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No long distance add on" error

DGVictoria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Sunday I signed up for the $40 promo (unlimited province-wide / 12GB / global text), purchased a long distance add-on ($15/400min), and had my number port over. I can log into my online account just fine, and can place calls to *611.

Unfortunately, that's all I can do. Every time I try to make any other call (local or long distance), I get a recording stating that I have not purchased a long distance add-on (???). Text messaging doesn't work, nor does data. Also tried the SIM card in another phone that's been working with Public Mobile, but I get the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have any suggestions on what I can do next? For the past 5 days I've tried sending PM's and opening tickets - but have had zero response.

@Shazia_K

5 REPLIES 5

DGVictoria

Interestingly, one thing that I can do (while connected to Wifi) is send MMS messages! So to contact someone, I can write a message on a piece of paper, take a picture of the paper with my camera phone, and send it via MMS (while connected to Wifi)!

Once the novelty of pretending to be a fax machine wore off, I went back to using email and WhatsApp 🙂

DGVictoria

The SIM from my previous provider was fully deactivated and unused airtime refunded. Over the past week I've PM'd the mods and sent in support requests, and I'm sure they would get to my question at some point in the future.

Just thought I'd post here in case someone went through a similar experience and can confirm my issue is "fixable"!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If you haven't already I'd send s message to either @Mary_M or @Shazia_K with these details
Account number of old carrier
Sim number
Full nam
Phone number you want to port

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

At the bottom of the first post you can see how to send a PM.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Can you still use your old sim?

DGVictoria

Hi @Jeremy_M, @Shazia_K@Mary_M@Saray_O

Can you at least tell me if anyone is working on this issue, or if it's even resolvable?

Definately appreciate all the hard work you're doing during this "overload" period - but it's getting to the point where I may need to switch providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.