cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a home phone line is missing the account number field

MathewSuta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I am trying to port over my in-law's home phone line to the PM line I created for it. The required fields I need to fill in are different for a home phone and the account number field is missing. I've filled in all the fields I can and am experiencing failure, I suspect from the lack of account number. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

MathewSuta

Please see my photos; the fields for porting a home phone line are different than the normal one for porting a mobile phone number. 

MathewSuta

As you can see in my most recent comment, the fields do not ask for the account number, which is probably the most important piece of information needed to port over the number.

MathewSuta

I've attached an image for the fields it asks for, as well as the error message. Everything is filled in exactly as it is on the Bell Home Phone account. I think the fact that there is no account number field might be the issue. I tried both Chrome and Safari to no avail.Screenshot 2019-03-31 18.12.59.pngScreenshot 2019-03-31 18.16.14.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MathewSuta , I am not familiar with the differences in the forms for a home phone number port.  I can't imagine that Public Mobile would ask for information that is not availble to the customer.  Generally the information is used to confirm rightful ownership of the number being ported.  

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I ported my parents landline without issue. It took 3 business days before it started working properly. I see what you mean the account number is missing now. Not sure if it is an update issue or what is going on there because I'm pretty sure it was there before. If you have already started the porting process see if they can dial out on it. Either way I would assume it would be Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest before the number actually will work properly (or will fail).

@MathewSuta wrote:

Hello!

I am trying to port over my in-law's home phone line to the PM line I created for it. The required fields I need to fill in are different for a home phone and the account number field is missing. I've filled in all the fields I can and am experiencing failure, I suspect from the lack of account number. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.