cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Phone # under a relative's name?

wata911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Thank you to all who replied regarding my assumptions. 

Previous Post:

$10 50-min talk only plan for 30 days

$30 1GB data add-on (rollover to next cycle)

I now have another issue. Since my phone number is under someone else's name, can I port the number to Public Mobile? I certainly want to keep the phone number, so there is less hassle. 

Thanks again!

4 REPLIES 4

@wata911 Don't see this anywhere, but then my eyes are old. Robot wink

This plan also includes 50 outgoing, and unlimited incoming, texts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wata911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow. Great!

Thank you both for confirming my assumption!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wata911 wrote:

Hello,

I saw this scenario on RFD, but I am not sure the mechanics on this "add-on". My plan is to enroll into:

$10 50-min talk only plan for 30 days

$30 1GB data add-on (rollover to next cycle)

I've been with Fido for a while now, so I am not very familiar with the "next cycle" idea at Public Mobile. From my understanding, I will be paying $40 on my 1st bill for the talk only plan and the add-on. Until I use up the 1GB data add-on, I'll only pay $10 each month for the talk only plan. 

Can a PM moderator confirm my assumption?

Thank you.

I am not a Moderator with PM but yes you are correct.  You will pay $40 plus tax then everymonth after you will pay $10 plus tax and still have use of your original addon until all of the data is used up.

BONUS time.  If you sign up before May 10 and have been referred you will also get a $10 credit on your second bill which covers the cost of your sim.  So your second bill could actually be $0.  If you don't have a referral number send me a PM and I will help you out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is correct - and if you set up auto-renew with a credit card, you will actually get the plan for $8 (plus tax) and the 1GB stays on your account until it is used up

Plus, until May 10, if you are using a referral from another PM customer, you will ALSO get a $10 credit on your account for the SIM cost! And the referrer will get $1.00 a month off their bill as long as you remain a PM customer with an active account/plan

And loyalty pays as well - there's the $1.00 reward that accumulates each year, for five years, and is applied as a credit on a customers account monthly.

Also keep in mind that call forwarding is INCLUDED in all plans and DOES NOT use minutes!

Link to the RFD discussion:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-8-50-canada-wide-minutes-50-texts-2185821/

Need Help? Let's chat.