cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Kamloops number...?

Kamloopslocal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There don't seem to be any Kamloops numbers available with PM right now; I can go with a Kelowna number when I activate the sim, but will I then be able to port over a Kamloops number from another carrier?

Thx

6 REPLIES 6

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kamloopslocal wrote:

There don't seem to be any Kamloops numbers available with PM right now; I can go with a Kelowna number when I activate the sim, but will I then be able to port over a Kamloops number from another carrier?

Thx

Just Port your number at the time of your activation. 

flatl99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You should be able to port over a Kamloops number!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kamloopslocal  Best to check early in the morning because thst is when PM replenishes the number inventory. Also, if you still can get one maybe worthwhile submitting a ticket and ask the moderator team if they might be able to help.

@Kamloopslocal wrote:

Thx

You'll be fine. It doesn't actually matter which phone number that you choose now.  It only matters that Telus/Public offers service in the same rate centre (city) as the number that you are trying to port in.

With the mention of North and South Kamloops being mentioned earlier, South Kamloops encompases some of both of Cherry Creek and Kamloops according to this website: https://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?exch=017490

Public Mobile lists such numbes in the selection list as "BC-SOUTHKAMLOOPS".

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KamloopslocalIf you are porting a Kamloops number you would be fine.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported over a Kamloops number last year so should be no problem!! seems weird there is no Kamloops numbers available, have you tried North Kamloops or South Kamloops, when i needed to find a number in the spring that is where i found it as opposed to just searching Kamloops

Need Help? Let's chat.