cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number issue

Soeleman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported in a new number. The old number is not working anymore and the new number cannot receive any calls or texts. Please fix ASAP. 

3 REPLIES 3

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

Ported in a new number. The old number is not working anymore and the new number cannot receive any calls or texts. Please fix ASAP. 

@Soeleman

I know that I'm late to the party, so I'm not sure where you are in the porting process at this time.

- What your describing is typical for a port in progress. As @PJC and @ShawnC13 have mentioned, ports, while in a best case scenario a matter of minutes can take several hours or even several days if you are porting from a landline or VOIP service.

- The SIM / number you are porting from another provider stays active until the port is completed. So you can use the old provider's SIM until it stops working, indicating a successful port.

- Rebooting the phone is often helpful or even the required last step to complete the port.

Fingers crossed that this is sorted already / will be sorted soon.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Soeleman, once you initiate a port the old number is no longer active.  Are you porting in from another provider or landline?  Landlines can take up to 7 days.  If it is from another provider and it has been over 4 hours I would message a MOD. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How long has it been since you've ported the number over? It can take up to 24-48 hours for the porting to complete in some cases. 

However, I would send a message to the mods if it has been over 8 hours. Here is the link to message the mods:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.