cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue from Telus

716thompson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Shazia_K

I had activated my SIM on Nov 7, and had service from Nov 8 at noon until Nov 9 at noon. I then had no service until Nov 10 when I was asked to reboot my phone; this gave me service but no data, no texting, and no incoming calls. It has now been 5 business days without a working phone, I have messaged all the mods, with no success since Nov 10. I have checked the APN settings and they are correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

716thompson

After almost 3 weeks of waiting with no service, i have finally gotten the mods to send a new sim card, and so far my service is once again working great.

thanks to @Shazia_K

716thompson
Had this issue on day one, got active service for 24 hours and now I haven't had any service for 2 weeks.

716thompson
@Shazia_K

I have tried my public mobile sim in two other phones, one locked to Telus and the other unlocked, no success. I have put the Telus SIM into my phone and it worked no problem, can a new sim card please be sent to me asap.

Thanks.

As well, can I get some kind reimbursement for my 2 weeks without a usable phone?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@716thompson

I'm sorry about this! 

I checked everything on your and all is set correctly, can you check your phone? 

If your phone has two SIM slots, try changing slots. The IMEI numbers you sent me are definitely not of any of Telus phones as I wasn't able to find them in our systems. 

Can you try your SIM card in any other unlocked phone? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

tangy07

ya probably need to wait then. Not too sure why. But if your account is closed on Telus side then i am assuming it is ported over. 

716thompson
My Telus is closed, and the SIM is deactivated.

tangy07

did you check on your telus account to see if your number is removed? When i did it, my number disappear right away from my telus account. 

716thompson
Yes, they have the account number and both IMEIs for my phone. Thanks.

tangy07

did you fill out all the information it was asking. account #, IMEI, PIN etc. They said the most important thing is the IMEI. 

716thompson
In hindsight, that's what I should have done. Live and let learn.

tangy07

It's probably stuck in the middle somewhere. When i port from Telus, i activated a new number first on PM and then port my number over once everything was working on my phone. 

716thompson
I have a OnePlus 2, have been through a factory reset, network reset, APN reset. I think the port just needs a little push on the other side. Not sure if there is anything else I can do on my end.

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
What is the model of your phone?

Did you try doing a factory reset? Backup your phone before doing this.
Need Help? Let's chat.