cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting After Activation

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just want to confirm if it's possible to port a number over from another provider after activating a new line.  

Just looking to activate a new number for a relative with PM, and then once their balance runs out with their current pre-paid provider they are with, I want to port that number over.  Let me know what to do.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this advice has been around in the community for a very long time.

In fact, @Luddite spells it out in big bold text in his reference thread "Risk Free" Activation.  EDIT: that thread was created nearly 3 years ago, and Luddite continues to update it from time to time as needed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok awesome, thanks for clarifying @will13am, and also for your recommendation to port after activation.  I'll be sure to let people know to do this instead.  Great advice.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dna2016, it is absolutely possible to port after initial activation.  In fact, it is highly recommended to port after activation.  It is a much safer approach.  If something goes wrong with the port, you end up with an activation that has no phone number.  To summarize, activate and get a new number, go to the self serve and do a number change and this time choose the port option. 

Need Help? Let's chat.