cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number now not getting calls or texts

loopi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I just signed up with PM today, on the basic $10 plan. I ported over a number from Rogers - was all done 4 or 5 hours ago. I started it with a new number, mainly to make sure I was going to get service at my house as I had Koodo in the past with some issues. Anyways, after it was setup I went into my account and requested a number change, and requested to port my Rogers number at that point. It was a Rogers prepaid account, and I had to log into onlinr to get my old account #. Long story short, I can call and text from my PM SIM card now, using my ported Rogers number, but I cannot get any incoming calls or texts. I have done all the basic stuff, making sure settings are correct, rebooting phone, re-inserting SIM, etc. Anyone have any further thoughts? I'm worried the port wasn't fully successful, but my Rogers account doesn't exist anymore so I can't look up my old account number again, to get to someone to look into it to retry, and stupid me, I didn't write it down anywhere .

6 REPLIES 6

loopi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, sent @CS_Agent an DM, hopefully they get back to me soon. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 yes it was disabled.

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 dont see a signature in your post.

There is no bold text at the bottom of my posts?  Is your settings turned off not to see signatures

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 dont see a signature in your post.

@loopi I actually just ported a number from koodo to pm. Usually I get a port successful sms. But that has not happened.  I too will probably message mods to make sure the port completed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@loopi wrote:

Hi all, I just signed up with PM today, on the basic $10 plan. I ported over a number from Rogers - was all done 4 or 5 hours ago. I started it with a new number, mainly to make sure I was going to get service at my house as I had Koodo in the past with some issues. Anyways, after it was setup I went into my account and requested a number change, and requested to port my Rogers number at that point. It was a Rogers prepaid account, and I had to log into onlinr to get my old account #. Long story short, I can call and text from my PM SIM card now, using my ported Rogers number, but I cannot get any incoming calls or texts. I have done all the basic stuff, making sure settings are correct, rebooting phone, re-inserting SIM, etc. Anyone have any further thoughts? I'm worried the port wasn't fully successful, but my Rogers account doesn't exist anymore so I can't look up my old account number again, to get to someone to look into it to retry, and stupid me, I didn't write it down anywhere .

it sounds like your Port is stuck I recommend private messaging the moderators and putting your old SIM back in your phone as it'll still be active and using that until it stops working that's when you know that you're port that's fully completed.  I link to private message the moderators is in my signature below

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

porting may not have been fully processed. If its a landline phone, it may take some time. for mobile services, should be really quick, I wouldn't be worried.

Need Help? Let's chat.