cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported cell no. to Public Mobile

snorkellady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm already a PM customer. I got my son to transfer over yesterday and he ported his no. We did it online.

He cannot receive incoming phone calls. When I call him, the recording says the voice message is not initialized.

Question: is this because his phone no. has not been released from his last phone company? If so, when can we

expect his phone to be fully working? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

snorkellady

Yes I see that now. Thanks for your help. We will do this. He was too hasty to take the old sim card out so we didn't see the message. 

@snorkellady 

It sounds like you missed the most important step in the porting process. You were to leave the old carrier SIM in the phone and wait for a SMS text and ask with YES. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you missed this window, you need to contact CS_Agent by private message on the envelope icon on the top of this page to restart the porting process.

snorkellady

ok thank you. This is what the issue is no doubt. We will do this, thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@snorkellady : Yes he should have. That's how it works. Put the other SIM back in and call the number previously provided and they will re-trigger the request and then you'll get a text from the old company and then you reply to that to confirm the transfer.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@snorkellady wrote:

Hi, I'm already a PM customer. I got my son to transfer over yesterday and he ported his no. We did it online.

He cannot receive incoming phone calls. When I call him, the recording says the voice message is not initialized.

Question: is this because his phone no. has not been released from his last phone company? If so, when can we

expect his phone to be fully working? Thank you

@snorkellady 

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

After you receive and approve the text, insert the Public Mobile SIM and:

*turn off your phone,  then reboot

*reset network settings on your device

snorkellady

No, should he have? and yes the phone has been shut off and restarted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@snorkellady : Did you leave the old SIM in to confirm the transfer? Maybe restart the phone anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.