cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported alternate number

corbing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my SIM card and was changing the number. I asked to port my husbands number and my number was listed as the alternate number. Instead of porting my husband's number it ported mine. I have contacted my provider via the chat box but must wait for my husband to come home to call them because my phone (the alternate number) has been disconnected. Once I straighten things out with my provider....hopefully by 5:45 or so, what do I do to get my husband's number to be ported. I tried to click change number and it didn't work.

Help

7 REPLIES 7

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@corbing Have you got everything resolved ? What did your previous provider say ?

BearFBI

@corbing I'm surprised they let you port with a contract. You might get charged a fee for canceling. You kinda can't reverse this..... You have to dish out more money for a new SIM card and a new SIM card from your previous provider. 

Like I said. Call your Old provider using the Public Mobile SIM. Try to see what they can do for you. If they canceled your contract and its a reasonable fee you have to pay i would just stay with Public Mobile. It would be more money to buy 2 new SIM'S and loose the Public Mobile service you paied for the month.

public1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@corbing 

Porting numbers from another provider basically cancels your contract/number from your original carrier.  Might be better to contact them directly and let them know you made an error and tried to port a number.  Also contacting public mobile, you might be able to cancel the request.

corbing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need my number back to go back to the provider because I still have a contract with them, but I need my husband's ported

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@corbing you can just keep this account and port your husband's account on the other sim. just change the details to match yours and you can ask moderators to change the email.

they will send you a link to change your password, make sure to complete this procedure or youll be locked out of your account. essentially you can just reset it yourself using the "forgot password" link

BearFBI

It appears your number has already been ported if you previous SIM won't work. Before you proceed place the Public Mobile SIM in your phone to call your cell company. They will try to fix things up for you. You might have to port your number back and get setup with a new SIM card. You will also have to buy a new Public Mobile SIM card because if you port the account gets canceled, Endless you dont mind loosing your number.

EDIT:  If you plan on moving to Public Mobile with your Husband follow @gpixel's instructions. If your planning on staying with your old provider follow my instructions.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@corbing contact the moderators and ask them to port it for you. Type " Port Request "and follow the prompts to get to one. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.