cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Out to Koodo

thenighthawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I ported my PM number out to Koodo recently and now I can't log into my PM account.  Is that normal?  I wanted to log into my PM account to disable auto-pay?  Any advice would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

@thenighthawk To be safe, check your credit card for any charges from PM a few days after your expected expiry.

In future, when you plan to leave a carrier the first step is to delete your credit card from your account BEFORE your port-out your number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ported out to Koodo postpaid or prepaid ? any reasons you would like to share ?

any way public is prepaid, your autopay is cancelled realtime the moment you ported out your number

@thenighthawk wrote:

Thanks.  So, I don't need to be worried about Auto-Pay charging my CC on Jan 31st? 

I wouldn't worry about it.  At some companies, it is an issues because of the way that the pre-authorized payment is set as a fixed about each month, regardless of the current balance in the account. While those companies really should be disabling the pre-authorized payments at the time of service cancellation, the reality is that sometimes, it sometimes doesn't get done and the customer continues to get charged.

At Public, this shouldn't be a problem.  Even if the account closure doesn't automiatically disable auto-pay (which it should), with no active plan, the balance owing at the time of the next renewal date would be $0.00.  Since Public Mobile's autopay is said to be "dynamic", I would believe that even if the card remained active on the account (like I said, "if"), it would only be trying to charge that $0 that is owed.

PORT = CANCEL, you're good to go.

@thenighthawkAfter the service is cancelled, there is no more auto charge.

thenighthawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.  So, I don't need to be worried about Auto-Pay charging my CC on Jan 31st? 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, that's how it works.  When you port a number out, it immediately cancels your account.  The self-serve might still let you have access for a bit, but eventually you get locked out of that too.

Need Help? Let's chat.