Port request

diamond_welding
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to switch phones and do a port request 

7 REPLIES 7

chenart88

I had same problem as you had.

1. resubmit your previous provider mobile "account number" and pin code to PM "port request"

2. Also, I call my previous provider to make sure my phone number no "port protection"

3. You will get text message from your old SIM card provider (make sure you insert your old sim card to device) to show your old phone number "have received approval to transfer your mobile number to another provider"

4. It will take around couple hours to completed the port in your PM. also, insert your old sim card to device, it will show "no service".

timchase

Hi

After 2 days the port didn't work. Can make outgoing calls, no incoming calls

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@diamond_welding wrote:

You are obviously on PM so just remove the Sim from your old phone to the new phone and that's that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diamond_welding wrote:

Do you mean switching service from another provider? Switching phones is as easy as removing the SIM from one phone and inserting it in another unlocked compatible phone. No port request required.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Do you already have active public mobile account?

If yes, then just contact moderatora, type number transfer here https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If not, you will need to get a sim and activate it.

You will have option of porting your number during activation, or you can choose temporary number test it the service and then port.

Here is a link to discounted sim

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465 

Welcome to Publicmobile

Need Help? Let's chat.