cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out from Fongo, can't receive incoming calls

DavisPoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated Public SIM about 4 days ago.
Received port out completed notification from Fongo 24 hours ago.
I can make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls from Public users but I can not receive calls from other carriers.  

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

DavisPoon

No... It is not a timing issue.
Fongo port out to Public was completed few days ago.  I can receive incoming calls from carriers other than Fongo.  Calls from Fongo still goes to Fongo, instead of Public.  It was because my phone number and account still active in Fongo.  
I think when a Fongo number calls me, Fongo found my phone number is in their system so it didn't go to Public.
Fongo totally removed my phone number and account from their system and issued fixed.

@DavisPoon wrote:

Thanks everyone.
The issue has fixed.  The port out from Fongo was not clean.  

@DavisPoon   what you meant by port out was not clean?  did PM or Fongo actually need to do something?   

Or did you just wait and it works in the end?  As I said, porting from Fongo, VoIP and landline, takes time, longer than porting from mobile providers.  I wonder if it is  just a timing issue.

DavisPoon

Thanks everyone.
The issue has fixed.  The port out from Fongo was not clean.  

@hTideGnow wrote:

@DavisPoon    No worry, it is LIKELY NOT a 'stuck port' as suggested above.

Fongo is consider as landline, in fact all VoIP provider are, so it will take couple days to complete the porting depends on the complexity.  Usually within 5 business days but could be 7 or even 10 business  days.  (But I think I saw some people from Fongo reported that it only took him 3 to 5 business days)

What you see so far, just able to make outgoing but not incoming, is normal for now until porting is completed

@DavisPoon , i concur with @hTideGnow above.

Note, incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Do not cancel your Fongo account.

When you start receiving calls to your Public Mobile SIM card you know the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

In the meantime, perform a Reset of your Network Settings.

And, every few hours do one or more of the below:

*Reboot your phone

*toggle into airplane mode, than back again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@DavisPoon    No worry, it is LIKELY NOT a 'stuck port' as suggested above.

Fongo is consider as landline, in fact all VoIP provider are, so it will take couple days to complete the porting depends on the complexity.  Usually within 5 business days but could be 7 or even 10 business  days.  (But I think I saw some people from Fongo reported that it only took him 3 to 5 business days)

What you see so far, just able to make outgoing but not incoming, is normal for now until porting is completed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DavisPoon 

maybe you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

can you Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Need Help? Let's chat.