cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

Wakera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I port my number to public mobile and yet I still get calls and sms on my old carrier SIM card. Need to be fixed cuz I can’t keep changing phones 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Wakera 

If you replied to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone within the 90 minute window.

The process will take up to 90 minutes to be completed.

If you missed the step in replying to the text then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wakera   

Who is your old provider? Koodo?

if you like , you can keep using the old sim for now

Call the number as provided by @Outdoorsman , then you will get a text from your old provider, reply YES within 90 mins.  

You can still keep using your old sim card from old provider.  Reboot every 30 mins with the old sim card.  If you see the old sim card stop working, then it means porting is completed and you can switch to the new PM sim card!!

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Wakera hi did you leave your old sim in your phone to receive transfer text? I will private message you the number to call for porting issues 

How long ago did you make the request?  Number transfers sometimes take a few hours.  Did your respond to a text message from the old carrier to approve the number porting?

Need Help? Let's chat.