cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my number out

Solo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know how I can Port my number out or cancel it and be able to Port the number out through the computer to another company or do I have to reactivate my suspended plan and then porrt the number out

7 REPLIES 7

@Byungoo wrote:

I'm trying to port my number out to freedom due to better reception at my work place and a better plan for my needs but they are claiming that Public mobile will not surrender my old number.  My account is currently active.  Olease advise.

Go to top of this page and click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance. Watch the little envelope icon, top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to your message.

Byungoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port my number out to freedom due to better reception at my work place and a better plan for my needs but they are claiming that Public mobile will not surrender my old number.  My account is currently active.  Olease advise.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

My response is....

But WHY!? 

LOL

Solo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you that's what I figured I already dropped it down to the minimum

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Solo  unless you are porting to Telus or Koodo, then you have to reactivate your account to port it out. To save some money switch down to the lowest $15  plan. See article on how to do it 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

If you are already on it, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks. Sorry to see you go. Stay safe.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Solo  Unless you are porting to telus or koodo you must have an active account. Change your plan to the $15 add funds and reactivate. You can then port out your number. You may want to use up some of your service first and then port out in a few weeks.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Do not let your plan expire/close or you will lose that number.

Need Help? Let's chat.