cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port-in failed. No service at all since last Friday

parrotfive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

(I used the chat bot and it says moderators "will most likely respond to your support related questions in under a few hours!", but I've been waiting since Saturday.)

I bought a SIM card and activated a new line last Friday, August 31.Seeing that calls and data worked, I ported in my own number, website reported it was successful and that's when things turned south. No calling, no text, no data ever since last Friday evening.

My own number had been reporting "not in service" since then, so my previous service provider released it!

I sent @CS_Agent a PM next morning, got a response asking me to verify my account info on the same morning (great!), and I sent my account information around noon on the same day.

Problem is, I haven't heard back since. @CS_Agent, did you get my account info or still waiting for something from me?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Winnie1958 wrote:

My son was helping me message the moderators before.  But since he is getting busy, I figured out how to join myself. I'm not a computer person. So this is all quite irksome and tedious. 

You might entertain going to higher cost providers if you need more help than this online self-serve model.

So now that you've logged in, keep an eye on the icon in the upper right of your screen. You may also get an email stating the fact that you've received a message on here. It will show a red blob with a number in it if you have a message. Click on the little envelope and you'll see the message. It's a bit like a webmail system.

Communitymailbox.JPG

Winnie1958
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son was helping me message the moderators before.  But since he is getting busy, I figured out how to join myself. I'm not a computer person. So this is all quite irksome and tedious. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parrotfivewrote:
so personally I think it doesn't hurt to follow up (though others may disagree especially since some threaten that following up will put you at the back of the queue.)

It's not community members threatening that. It's directly from the mods. It's a peculiar method to be sure but it is what it is.

parrotfive

@Winnie1958 wrote:

Lucky you got a response.  I've been waiting for moderators to respond for a very long time now.  Still no response and absolutely no service. I've given them all the information they will need to finish my stuck port.  If only they would read it soon...

Please help @CS_Agent

I'm new at Public Mobile, it's just now that I realize it could be a different moderator reading your message every time. So I would make sure to include my number and PIN at the end of every message.  For example this was my last message to them and it got actioned quickly:

"Any update from the technical department? Since I ported in last Friday I have no service at all - no phone number associated to SIM, no data, my number xxx-xxx-xxxx is "not in service" according to the recorded message.

Please assist. Number:xxx-xxx-xxxx, PIN xxxx."

I also learned in my brief experience that if I don't hear back for days, it could mean that they think the issue has been resolved, so personally I think it doesn't hurt to follow up (though others may disagree especially since some threaten that following up will put you at the back of the queue.)

@Winnie1958, this is your first post according to the info that shows when I hover over your userid, and you only joined the community yesterday.  That's not a long time.

Regular response times are 24-48 hours, so the longest has been between 24-39 hours if you placed your email very early Thursday morning.  As moderators work 9-9:30 Eastern time M-F, there's still lots of time to hear from them today.

Winnie1958
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lucky you got a response.  I've been waiting for moderators to respond for a very long time now.  Still no response and absolutely no service. I've given them all the information they will need to finish my stuck port.  If only they would read it soon...

Please help @CS_Agent

parrotfive

I messaged the mods again and this time I met another moderator who was courteous and helpful, and opened a ticket at the technical team for me. My account started working within half an hour (possibly less, I just wasn't testing it every minute).  Thank you Syed!

parrotfive

@KMG wrote:

Sounds like you've done all the right things.  At this point, you just need to wait for the Moderator Team to answer your response.

You're right, I received a check-in message just now.  They checked my account, but they can't tell there's anything wrong.

This doesn't look simple at all if they can't tell my SIM card doesn't have a number, or that my number isn't even active.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The private messaging system is not an instant messaging system.  Due to the lead time for response to each back and forth message, the strategy is to be verbose in the initial private message.  Include all necessary account information, describe the problem with sufficient detail, and identify the resolution being sought. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like you've done all the right things.  At this point, you just need to wait for the Moderator Team to answer your response.

Need Help? Let's chat.