cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port didn't fully work

Ari-elle-2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I subscribed last night, and after enabling the E-sim I got logged out of the app. I tried logging in again and I wasn't receiving the two-factor authorization text. I figured this was because my number was in the process of porting and went to bed.

This morning, still not working. I go to settings, see my Rogers sim is turned off - I check my Rogers account and see it didn't cancel. 

I turn the Rogers sim back on, and receive the confirmation to port text from Rogers - way past the 90 minute deadline. I didn't know to expect a text, or I would have figured out I needed to turn my Rogers sim back on.

I can call Rogers, but I'm assuming a new transfer request will need to be sent from Public? I couldn't submit a ticket for support, I kept getting an error code. 

What are my next steps? My biggest concern is losing my phone number that I've had for over a decade. 

7 REPLIES 7

Try clearing iMessage app data and cache through the app.  And ensure your iMessage is turned on.

Then ensure you're either connected to a Wi-Fi connection or you have available data.

Ari-elle-2

Actually I was able to re-trigger it online. But calling would have been my next step.

Now if only I can figure out how to make my iMessage work. I'm normally fairly tech savvy, I swear.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ari-elle-2 

The porting assistance number folks did this for you?  Perfect!!!

Ari-elle-2

Thank you! I was able to re-trigger the transfer and my Rogers was cancelled automatically.

Ari-elle-2

Thanks!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

An hour or 90 minutes or whatever isn't very long.

Number ports are partially complete (local calling networks, your carrier's network) within minutes. But then 2-3 business days to fully complete (get all the network sites for every carrier in Canada updated with the change).

Service will remain active at your old provider until the number is taken by your new provider - when this happens, your account with your old provider is automatically closed and your phone number moves to your new account with your new provider (install the SIM and reboot). It could happen in less than 5 minutes. It could take days. (CRTC allows a maximum of 10 business days for most number ports, but the vast majority of ports are completed within a day or three at most.)

And xmas new year holiday season just puts strain on all services, there's more demand, there's more strain and stress on the systems and machines and people, there's fewer workers available to attend things promptly. And all of the stat holidays are days where nobody works and nothing happens. All of this slows things down.

Don't cancel any accounts, because that would ruin the port in progress.

You can confirm things look right (the correct information in the text fields, etc) with Public Mobile's agents. Though I personally wouldn't bother them until a few days have passed.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ari-elle-2  No worries I’ll and you the porting   team number private message . And they can re trigger the key request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.