cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Port] Successful Self-Server Port from Koodo

austin-sa-wang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To those who have been hesitant of porting a Koodo number through self-serve:

I just ported successfully through Public Mobile's self-serve from Koodo, at 11AM Nov. 30.

It took 30 seconds for the web page to tell me that the port completed. 5 minutes later I checked and the SIM was active with my old Koodo number. Everything works. I also checked Koodo's self-serve page and it has already updated. I see a bill with the Tab Payoff and the prorated partial charge for my current billing cycle.

The information I provided for the port was my Koodo account number and my phone's IMEI.

What a pleasant experience. Never knew switching cell provider could be so simple!

Edit: Though, I do have to say that the email support of Public Mobile has been unresponsive for over a week already, which is why I decided to give self-server a spin. Smiley Frustrated

12 REPLIES 12

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported from koodo and the whole process was completed in less than a minute

Grimalkin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was on a plan.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try to shorten your name and or change province. Only use account number

macwindows

Pay as you go. Should it make difference? I think It should not.

Grimalkin
Do you have a plan or pay as you go Or pre pay?

macwindows

Hi Grimalkin,

No luck. same error when click Check Eligibility. I did logout, cleared the cache and restarted browser.Cleared cache again, log out and restarted again.

I am trying since last two days. Definetly there is problem at Public Mobile Chnage number process.

Seems you are lucky!!

If any one has any suggestion, highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@austin-sa-wang it is a self serve carrier after all, glad it worked out. I've never had a problem porting from Koodo, with CORRECT account number.

Grimalkin
Try logging out and closing your browser and start again, I had a similar error on my second account but that fixed it, perhaps something to do with cache.

macwindows

Hi Grimalkin,

Thanks for the guide.Just to confirm, I have different login email for both. Activated PM with new number (as suggested during activation process). Now when I try to port Koodo number to Public Mobile. I am getting error and not pass the first page.

I followed the steps as:

1. Login to My  Account, then Change Number

2. Click Radio Button Transfer a Wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider.

3. Checked the box I am authorized to transfer this phone number

4. Input in my Koodo number that I want to port.

5. If I click Confirm button than get error message "You must be authorised to transfer this number"

6. If I click Check Eligibility (after fresh start and done steps up to 4 as above) than get error message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance"

Would you please suggest what wrong I am doing? As per the error message, I have submitted a private message to one of the moderator with all the required details. Still the private message is not read by moderator (I understand that due to heavy volume they are busy, however it is difficult to not get status update).

Thanks in advance.

Grimalkin

Just to confirm the koodo process, I just did it with 2 numbers.

1. Make sure your email is different than your account on Koodo (make a free email if you need to for this purpose).

2. When you go to port the different number check the box that you are authorized, then put in your number that you want to port.

3. I used my account number for verification (I was told this is the only way with Koodo).

4. I used the primary account holder's name (it wasn't my name, it was my wifes).

5. Alternate phone number doesn't matter really, just don't use your own number or any numbers associated with this porting.

Note: When you activate your SIM, get a new number, then go into your PubliMobile account and do this after the fact.

Took 30 seconds to process on the website, SIM worked right away on my locked koodo iphone.  Phone is still locked and it works great with Public Mobile.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Congrats on port & welcome to Public

It *usually* is painless, just last few weeks have made most nervous

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That's great to hear. 

Welcome to Public Mobile and thanks for sharing your experience.

Need Help? Let's chat.