cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please put a pause on my auto pay, cannot log into the account

liahawkes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I bought a phone and plan for my little friend last year. I put it in her email so she could one day look after the account. She's lost the phone and can't access her email because she lost the password for her gmail account and can no longer reset that password. She can't remember her public mobile password after she changed that as well, lol.

(Lesson learned, put everything in my username from now on.)

I put my credit card in auto pay on this account and neither of us can get into the account to pause it. We can't get

another phone for a while for sure and should probably cancel the account but would just like to pause the payment on the account for now. It hasn't been used for months. I'd like to pause the auto pay on my credit card if you could.

The account number is 1000000xxxxxxx Share code xxxxxx username:xxxxxxxxxxx Our last know password was xxxxxxx   the 4 digits were xxxxx   My credit card is under L H and is a mastercard. I can give you the card # if it is something you can do for me so I don't have to go to the trouble of

cancelling my credit card.

Thanks a million for your time and if you are able to give any advice in problem-solving this for me. 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. I have three other accounts on public mobile under my username.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@liahawkes 

This is a public Community Forum so anyone can view your post. I hope you didn’t get hacked or are you just 🎣

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@liahawkes 

Good to see all of that sensitive account info has been edited out....be careful to only share that info in private messaging with customer support (CS_Agent). You can contact them to change the email if you wish or get a password reset.

You can also purchase a new Sim card and ask the CSA to perform a sim swap and put it in your phone to allow your friend to change the passwords on any of her accounts she needs access to in the meantime.

Once you can log into the account you can disable autopay and/or suspend the account via lost/stolen which will also prevent payment and the use of the Sim card in the lost phone (if not swapped out) so no none else can use the phone services. However voicemail will remain active for her account. Be sure to make a payment  before 88/89 days pass without active paid services or the account will be canceled and deactivated.

If necessary you can reactivate on the $15 plan for 30 days to maintain the account and suspend again for another 88/89 days. Just log in and remove the lost/stolen status then go to the plans page. Choose change plans>>3G plans>>$15 plan>>change plans now>> you will be redirected to the payment page to manually pay $15 to reactivate. Using this option the account/phone number can be maintained for about $45/year (354 days@$15×3months).

If you need some suggestions on purchasing a replacement phone at a very reasonable cost....I can help! Just ask and tell us your budget.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are posting this to a public community board consisting of all customers.  As stated below, contact a CS agent for account issues.  Good luck 😊

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Oh my, that's a lot of personal information.

You could dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the phone number and then use those 4 digits to turn off autopay. Then it won't renew the next time. Then you have 90 days grace before the account completely deactivates.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@liahawkes  Please edit your personal information we are just customers like you trying to help , in your case if you need support here’s the links 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.