Did you mean: 

Plans

only1utd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happened to the 15 dollars plan that had $2 off with auto pay

18 REPLIES 18

only1utd

its unfortunate that public is changing points to new customers.  I have 4 accounts with them on the old system and was thinking of a fifth account( but not now on the new points system).   My son who is in need of a cell phone package will know have some comparing offers with lucky and chatr now to choose from as there on par now.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@only1utd 

The new Public Points system is optional for member what joined PM before January 25/22. If you are on the old Rewards system, DON’T switch over to the Public Point system if your plan is $40 or less.
You are better off on the Points system if you plan is $40 or more.

I disagree with you.  Any customer on the old rewards system is much better off to stay on the old program than to switch as long as the customer regularly spends large amounts on add-ons.  This is true (being better off not to switch to points) even on the most expensive $70 plan because of the way that loyalty points are much better than the old loyalty rewards.  This aspect gets worse as a customer who is on the old rewards program is a customer past 2 years.  The new points are almost entirely worse compared to the old rewards.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@only1utd 

The new Public Points system is optional for member what joined PM before January 25/22. If you are on the old Rewards system, DON’T switch over to the Public Point system if your plan is $40 or less.
You are better off on the Points system if you plan is $40 or more.

@Anonymous My son is on Shaw and has 3 "free" cellular accounts; makes his wallet very happy. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Mothership. I have home internet (that I don't reset on a frequent basis 🙂 ) and tv service with Telus. Optik Purefibre.

Whoa @Anonymous  - you switched one of your services?   Guessing you did the math beforehand for value vs reward.   (hopefully... 😉)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 81.03 points up on the mothership.

@only1utd 

I would guess they will apply 5% of all monies spent towards a point value, so even if less than a full point, i'd be surprised if they don't use fractions/decimals in their reward calculations.

BUT, that's only a guess.

only1utd

how many points are you actually receiving if someone could confirm that would be nice.  (even the %5 for the $25 plan  is 1.25 in points)

Now that's a good question, @only1utd .   5% of $15 is less than 1 point.   Would they round that up to 1 point, or not grant any.

GOOD observation!!!   I wonder if anyone on the new points system who is on the $15 plan can confirm?

only1utd

just wondering would public even give a 0.75 points in the new point system?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@only1utd : Yup. It would seem that for those saying so here, they are not switching to the new system. Then have a look at loyalty too. Not just the 5% thing.

But as happens with corporations, they change things for their profits. They think the new system is more profitable for them. Fortunately, for the time being, existing customers can still stay on the old system.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @only1utd 

do switch from old Rewards to Points Rewards.

Login Page Rewards

Public Points Rewards (publicmobile.ca)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

So to put this into context, @only1utd , if you ARE ON the $15 plan using the old rewards system, DO NOT SWITCH to the new points system if you have auto-pay enabled.

Under the new points, you'll only get 75 cents per month in equivalent points value.   This would only be useful if you DO NOT utilize auto-pay.

only1utd

so let me get this straight public is giving less but making it seem the same.   

old plan=   $15 plan =   $13 plan savings 2 dollars on autopay

new plan  $15 plan x (5% points is 0.75)  Savings of 75 cents not even 1 public point=    total of 14.25

does that seem right?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@only1utd 

In addition to what @Anonymous had said, you get 5% of your payment as points instead of flat rate of $2/30days if you are on the Public Points system.

If you were on the old rewards system, you can continue on the old system unless to decided to switch to the points system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to a new points system, the autopay reward is not available to new activations. The $15 plan is still there though.

Need Help? Let's chat.