cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan pricing increase?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Wow!! 

This morning I logged into the community site and everything was fine and now when I just logged in, it looks like the PM world has drastically changed in a few hours with new 3G plans and new pricing!!!

I am still confused about what does it mean for the current customers?

- Have the LTE plan pricing changed? If so can someone give a before and after comparison?

- Does this change mean that increase in pricing for current customers even for those on promo plan also coming soon?

Maybe some other members have these questions as well but afraid to ask. 

If someone wise and smart can please explain this to the community that would be much appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

48 REPLIES 48

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo yes, this is what I am afraid of. Things seems to happen very quickly here. If the grandfather pricing were to change, I am afraid that a lot of people who switched to pm just because of pricing may look elsewhere. 

I am really shocked!!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes they can change any plan at anytime.  They increased legasy custome pricing recently,  so yes they might increase the price.  but i am sure if it is as drastic as the new LTE plans then i think many people will leave PM and go elsewhere.  

With rewards i know i can absorb about a $10 increase my wife, a couple $$$ I will be keeping my eyes out for deals at other providers.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo The only time I saw the word grandfathering in Jeremy's announcement is this:

"You’ll also notice that we have removed and grandfathered the 10-day plan. We did this in order to refocus our resources and stay focused on what our customers want."

Which is not a really good sign and could also mean plan and pricing for old plans could also change in a flash. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As far as I know, the prices haven't been raised for any grandfathered plans(other than legacy customers). Who knows what will happen to the LTE plans in the future.

@guinness22 What stores are you talking about?

Thanks @Karnbot13. Maybe we are not talking about the same thing. 

I am just looking at the announcement and trying to figure out if this means that the current LTE plan customers (as of yesterday) should also expect a price hike soon. I don't think anywhere in the announcement Jeremy confirms that plan pricing for the current customer will not change. 

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Very odd Pm is now a 3 G service. Its prices for LTE more than the others. Wow . Too bad as the stores will now take LTE back from Pm. Sad day

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you missed the point @Mana The only way a new customer gets the LTE speed for data is to pay prices comparable to the brands that were mentioned, of which ALL have speedier and easier models of customer service. If you want to pay what I'm paying for a plan, you're dropping down to 3G, if you want data. But mine is LTE. Ostensibly, the bare bones customer service model was what made the plans cheaper. Seems that wasn't the case?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo thanks again for pointing that out. But if you read Jeremy's post carefully, he is only talking about the new 3G plans and the pricing structure for the new 3G plans. 

In his post when he says that if you are a current customer, this change will not effect your current plan, he maybe just referring to change meaning the introduction of 3G. Since no where in his post he is actually talking about LTE or the new LTE pricing, it can be said that he is not confirming that current plans pricing (as of yesterday) won't change. 

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Aligning prices with virgin, koodo, Fido isn't a good thing. Those guys have physical stores and other benefits that we don't and are in theory saving money because of.

mimmo

Are you a current Public Mobile customer?

If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan. Looking to change your current plan? No problem - use the Self Serve portal to make plan changes for your next renewal date, but keep in mind: once changes have been made, you will not be able to switch back to your current plan at a later date if it’s no longer available. View our Service Terms for more details.

but they can always change things giving 30 day notice.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

I also thought that we were trying to compete with freedom here and keep taking customers away from them. How does this new pricing help pm?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @mimmo. I am not sure if I saw the confirmation on grandfathering in Jeremy's post. 

One thing I have learnt here at pm that when things change, it is really far, for example this morning compare to this evening. 

Thanks @xCameron94x. I don't understand the reason why pm would make the pricing equal to fido or koodo. What incentive does it give the customer to switch or choose pm over fido or koodo?

mimmo

I'm just going by what they have done in the past.  as long as you dont change your plan then you will keep your existing plan and pricing.  it might also be mentioned in jeremy's announcement post.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @mimmo when was the grandfathering of plans and pricing as of yesterday was announced and confirmed?

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

@Mana plan prices for LTE are now compareable to that of Fido, Virgin and Koodo (Those 3 might be a bit cheaper now) and no, this will not affect current customers, only if you switch your plan will it affect you

mimmo

plans as of yesterday are grandfathered with LTE.

We don't need to worry  about price increases yet. in the future who knows.

Need Help? Let's chat.