cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not renewing even with sufficient funds in account ??!?!!

lilyjayde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone else having this same issue ? My anniversary date was November 27th, but I didn’t have the money until tonight (now November 29th). I added the amount due to my account with my registered credit card, and my account balance is now $62 and that’s the amount due on my account... however it’s just SITTING in the account balance and not actually REACTIVATING  my plan! SMH. It does this every month, and I’ll put the money into my account after midnight and it will just sit in my account balance until 5/6am. 

16 REPLIES 16

Dougk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sure have says balance is 0$ and won't let me.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dougk wrote:

@KMG wrote:

are you registered with autopay?  that might prevent this from happening next time

I have auto pay, dumb part even if I want to manually pay to get my **bleep** phone working it says balance due 0$ so I can't even pay it if I wanted to lol

Hey @Dougk,

Have you tried dialing 611 to see if you can process a payment top-up to your account? Just throwing this out there to see if it may help.

Dougk

@KMG wrote:

are you registered with autopay?  that might prevent this from happening next time

I have auto pay, dumb part even if I want to manually pay to get my **bleep** phone working it says balance due 0$ so I can't even pay it if I wanted to lol

Dougk

I hear ya, my kids school rely on our numbers working incase of emergency so hopefully nothing serious has happened today that we don't know about due to my phone not working!!!!

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

lilyjayde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope! Haven’t had my plan renewed and it’s been almost 9 hours, I’m extremely pissed!!!

I don't know what else to suggest, other than if you haven't already, send off a message to the moderators.  They start at 9 am Toronto time.

Dougk

Hope when they fix it it doesn't screw up my futured plan...and not auto renew the old one... I had set for the 12+6 LTE plan since they finally dropped the price and had bonus gigs..

Dougk

Yep, restated a few times now hoping that would kick it on.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Dougk

@Dougk, only once did I have a problem with the AutoPay, and that was moving from a 30 day plan to a 90.  The 30 day renewed, but took money for 90.  I never lost service on my device.

Even on my last renewal, I had service before the renewal 'completed'.  I was using my phone at 7 am, before the completion was displayed.

Have you restarted your device?  Sometimes that is all that is needed.

Dougk

Here's my message from them in my account :

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

If what you say is true what a horrible setup, I need my phone at 6am for work not 9am when it might become active again.....the fact this is 2nd time around is quite annoying....

I can understand there being an issue if the funds were not available at the time of renewal, and thus making a payment afterwards shouldn't be a problem.  However, I've not gone through this process myself.

Do you have AutoPay enabled?  If yes, I assume your credit card was declined for NSF, and that would prevent the renewal as regularly scheduled.

Having stadyed up a few renewal periods to watch what time things happen, and having a back ground in batch processing, I believe the system is just very slow at processing these things, due to the number of subscribers.

Ideally, everyone should be pre-loading their manual payments at least a full day ahead of the payment date.  If AutoPay is setup, do not interfere with the process, as the messages are scary, but mean absolutely nothing when things go as expect.

18 months ago, my AutoPay was started and complete before 2 am Toronto time, the morning after the payment date.  Now, it takes until at least 9 am the same day.

Dougk

Says plan wasn't renewed or whatever did insufficient funds which there is..and when I manually pay to reactivate says some issue about the visa and wasn't charged same problems as 3 months back...

Also says amount due 0.00.... but yet no service 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@lilyjayde did your issue get resolved again on its own at 5/6am?

Either way, please let the @CS_Agent know as this sounds like a glitch. 

The reactivate account option is supposed to work right away when you add funds. 

@Dougk is your issue same in a way that the funds get added to your balance but not get applied to your account renewal or is it that your credit card is not even charged?

Dougk

Having same issue currently on mine and my wife's line, when I hit reactivate then put in payment like last time says it can't charge my visa when it worked just fine last month to renew my daughter's....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have not experienced reactivating a suspended account.  From what I have read, there should be a reactivate button right on the self serve portal overview page.  If there continues to be issues with reactivating the account, send a private message to the moderator team and they will take care of it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.