cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan for life?

apper_on
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a rogers customer ever since celluar was created. They have offered me the same rate since I first signed up. If I sign up with PM do you guarantee that I will have the plan for life or will the price just only be valid when you the plan is current and "in market" 

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@apper_on, so I guess you are just looking for a talk plan then?  Or did Rogers through in texting and data at no charge to your original plan.  Like others have said with 30 days notice any provider can change price but I haven't seen that here except for the Legacy plans that were offered before Telus bought the company

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@apper_on wrote:

I have been a rogers customer ever since celluar was created. They have offered me the same rate since I first signed up. If I sign up with PM do you guarantee that I will have the plan for life or will the price just only be valid when you the plan is current and "in market" 

if you still have the same rate when rogers first started, you're probably paying a lot.  That's why they "let" you stay on that plan.

I had a coworker who was so "happy" rogers "let" him have his grandfathered 6gb plan.  He would never dream of dropping it.  I asked how much he pays.  $95.   HAHAHA.  

This was about 3-4 years ago.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you read the terms of service, you will see that *IF* the company must provide you with at least 30 days notice of a change.  It's the same for all other providers.

I've been on my current package for just over a year now.  I've been with Public since June 2016.  As mentioned above, only plans affected were the very old legacy and pioneer plans.

If you're in Ontaro, BC, or Alberta, the in-market plans here are about 1/2 the price of the other companies.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire
Its never solid guarantee but it would be poor business of them. The good part is if your price plan ever goes up you can just port out to someone else that has a deal. There will always be great deals by every company at some point at least this company rewards you based on loyalty. There are a lot of rewards that can make your plan free. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164/jump-to/...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It is safe to say that you will keep the plan for the same price you activate with because so far they have not raised the price on any plan except the legacy/pioneer plans they offered before coming under Telus. But still, there is no solid guarantee. 

Need Help? Let's chat.