cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expires every month

vickisam35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan keeps expiring every month despite setting up auto-pay. If you must, change my payment date earlier than the expire date. As it stands now it's unacceptable that I need to submit a ticket every month due to this problem.

Yes, I've already searched the forums and it says this can happen and the solution is to send a ticket to the admins. It's ridiculous how this keeps happening, I submit a ticket, then the account is reactivated. In the mean time my plan is in an expired state. Why create work and frustration when this is a known issue?

FIX THE **bleep** THING!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@gpixel, thanks, I was taking a break from COVID-19....to much eating, binging on tv, and movie watching, playing, studying, reading....

@gpixel wrote:

@mpcdesign you are on 🔥 tonight!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35 Unfortunately, Autopay can fail time to time. So I personally recommend and do manual payments even with enabled Autopay. Just to prevent possible suspension issues.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35 wrote:

My plan keeps expiring every month despite setting up auto-pay. If you must, change my payment date earlier than the expire date.

@vickisam35  Unfortunately that won't make a difference. Changing dates is not the problem. The problem is that the PM system will not retry Auto-Pay after the first failed attempt. Most failed attempts occur because of a timeout condition and appear to be random, I'm guessing due to high traffic periods?. If you are experiencing failures every month it appears that you are one of the unlucky ones or something else is the problem. 🤔😟

As it stands now it's unacceptable that I need to submit a ticket every month due to this problem.

👍

Yes, I've already searched the forums and it says this can happen and the solution is to send a ticket to the admins. It's ridiculous how this keeps happening, I submit a ticket, then the account is reactivated. In the mean time my plan is in an expired state. Why create work and frustration when this is a known issue?

No need to submit a ticket. The workaround as mentioned is to setup a reminder and make a manual payment into your account a couple of days before you plan renewal. You can make payment by dialing *611 from your device or accessing your online selfserve account.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35 wrote:

My plan keeps expiring every month despite setting up auto-pay. If you must, change my payment date earlier than the expire date. As it stands now it's unacceptable that I need to submit a ticket every month due to this problem.

@vickisam35 A good practice is to have the funds already in your account before your renewal. 

Submit a one-time payment that tops your account up. this will ensure you have enough funds in your account. Any rewards you have will be added just before renewal then they will debit the amount that is in your account. you'll actually get a text a couple of days before renewal you can even use that as a marker to go into your account and pay it then. 

The other option is to cancel the current autopay you have set up. Then re-submit a new one. 

I completely agree with you that it is unreasonable to have to submit a ticket every month. If you treat Public like a Bill payment at the beginning of your month and get into that rhythm you will have no interrupted service.

Have a wonderful day!

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.08.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.08.57 PM.pngScreenshot_20200426_181209.jpgScreenshot_20200426_181033.jpgScreenshot_20200426_180059.jpg

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you keep losing service consider paying it off when paying other bills

If you don't actually lose the service, expired is the state that is normal. Gives people chills, they should have named it 'about to renew'

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I know that you shouldn't have to do this @vickisam35 but as it keeps happening every 30 day period. Log into your self service account  2 days before your due date, the day after you get your 611 payment text message. And using the One time payment option. Manually deposit the required funds. 

Make a patment.png

Stay safe 

@mpcdesign you are on 🔥 tonight!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35, I know exactly how you feel. When I first started, I set-up my autopay, and then went the month went by, my account was suspended. Very flaky! 

So, what I normally do now, is place funds into my account before a week it expires, And when it comes up for renewal, my account will look at the available funds. It still works great this way, and I still get the $2 off each month.

I know it may seem more work, but I have been doing this since 2017, and I used to be on a 90-day plan, so, I would make sure I had enough funds in my account to cover the plan and taxes. Yes, I may get rewards such as autopay, loyalty and community rewards, but it wasn't much, but, I made sure, my account was topped up just in case. 

Most times, it works for many other people. I felt like it was just me...now, I know I am not the only one! So, go ahead, add some money into your account next time, making sure it covers both taxes and your plan. Since the change in plan to 30-days now and a reduced monthly rate plan change, I still make sure I have put enough money into my account that my account is not suspended. I have better things to do than deal with the moderators (nothing wrong with them, I just know they are swampy busy). A small housekeeping chore each month or 90-day works well for me! 

Just place a reminder on your calendar if you want to add funds earlier than that. Plus, you get a text message from Public Mobile to pay up to a few days before the expiry date!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First is your phone working? 

If yes, this is normal. It is simply how PM system is setup. Take note your due date will always change as PM plans are 30 days not monthly.

At renewal time your account will go as followed.

• Active to Expired
  • Expired to Suspended (with this message in your account)

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

•  Suspended back to Active once the system updates.

As long as you're on auto-pay or have the available funds in your account then this is the NORMAL process for all public mobile accounts.

The main important thing is that your phone is working. If it is then nothing to worry about and no need to contact moderators.

If your phone is NOT working. Then there is an issue. 

Please let us know if your phone is working or not? Thanks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most times autopay works but sometimes it doesn't.  You could keep a balance in your self serve account as a backup.

1. Sign in to Self-Serve.
  2. Click on the Payment tab
  3. From here, you can make a one-time payment or set up Autopay.

Have you tried to either remove and add back your credit card ? If you have another credit card try using it instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.